Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so i'm resitting 1 of the 2 AQA AS exams for psychology in a couple of weeks. In all the past papers i've been doing i'm getting an A, and so i'm hoping this'll happen in the actual exam too...

my question is: if i'm resitting and get an A, and have a D in the other exam, what would be my overall grade?...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    C/B depending on how high the D/A is.

Rough estimate though. You need to give us your UMS marks so we can give you an accurate percentage of what you need to get an A.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what your UMS is. Each exam you do is out of 100 UMS, making the total out of 200 UMS. A D is anywhere from 50-60 UMS. so I'll take the middle which is 55 UMS. An A is anywhere from 80-100 UMS, so I'll take the middle which is 90 UMS. Now if add them up you get 145 UMS which is a B, if you get anything higher or lower then just look at these grade boundaries

160/200 = A
    140/200 = B
    120/200 = C
    100/200 = D
    80/200 = E

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibrahim541)
    It depends on what your UMS is. Each exam you do is out of 100 UMS, making the total out of 200 UMS. A D is anywhere from 50-60 UMS. so I'll take the middle which is 55 UMS. An A is anywhere from 80-100 UMS, so I'll take the middle which is 90 UMS. Now if add them up you get 145 UMS which is a B, if you get anything higher or lower then just look at these grade boundaries

160/200 = A
    140/200 = B
    120/200 = C
    100/200 = D
    80/200 = E

Thank you! this was really helpful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.