Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I live in a house with 3 boys and 3 girls and I get on with everybody well except this one girl. Everything she does is so *****y for example instead of asking us if she can use the living room because her friends are coming round she leaves an extremely *****y note stuck to the TV pretty much demanding that nobody goes into the living room while she has friends round.
    Her boyfriend often comes round and I get on well with him so maybe she has a problem with me because of that (lol) as she gets on with 4/6 people in the house.
    There is a lot more but I wont bore you....any advice anyone has because she really annoys me most of the time and I am worried I will reach boiling point.

xxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm nervous about living with others at uni... this has made me more anxious!! lol

How do the other house mates get on with her?

It probably does make her anxious if you get on with her bf... maybe she's more insecure than you realise!!

What did the note say? Maybe she was scared to talk to you guys or just didn't see you... maybe?!? .... lol

ReputationRep:
    It's everyone's house... tell her straight up that she's being unreasonable and quite frankly, a complete *****.

ReputationRep:
    Try and lay down some rules but make it seem like it's for the whole house and you're not just bringing them in because of her or that may make her ruder. Also you said she gets on with 4/6 people so trying having a conversation to the others who don't get along with her so well (obviously when she's not there and not in a situation that anyone can overhear or that the person may tell her anyway) because that may a) help you to find solutions and b) release some of the tension building up inside you!

ReputationRep:
    That really isn't on. Could you get a very direct, assertive person to talk to her without sounding rude? rudeness won't achieve anything.

(Original post by Bobbi!)
    I'm nervous about living with others at uni... this has made me more anxious!! lol
    similar emotions here

ReputationRep:
    Are her friends paying rent towards use of a room like you are? No. Well they have no right to take over your home. It sounds like she is pushing as far as she can-show her it is unacceptable by ignoring these silly notes and she will soon stop.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.