Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

tampons or pads? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    this may sound ridiculously stupid, but as i've never insterted anything, will it bleed a lot or anything? because i'll freak out if i'm not mentally prepared :') thanks.
    I have never bled from inserting anything. You shouldn't from just a tampon or a finger certainly. Watch this to ease your mind http://m.youtube.com/results?q=laci%...?v=9qFojO8WkpA and also, do a little research about how everything works down there generally. The information isn't hard to come by and such naivety isn't ideal at all

(Original post by Anonymous)
    this may sound ridiculously stupid, but as i've never insterted anything, will it bleed a lot or anything? because i'll freak out if i'm not mentally prepared :') thanks.
    You might not. I did but it was literally just one drop, like the size of the fingernail of my little finger.

(Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    I have never bled from inserting anything. You shouldn't from just a tampon or a finger certainly. Watch this to ease your mind http://m.youtube.com/results?q=laci%...?v=9qFojO8WkpA and also, do a little research about how everything works down there generally. The information isn't hard to come by and such naivety isn't ideal at all
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with naivety, she's only 17 and not sexually active.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Give them a shot I did when I had to swim during my period, and I've used them ever since. You can't feel them once they're in properly, you don't have to worry about them moving around, and they're much less fuss to use.

It won't hurt - the hymen has a hole in it anyway, you won't be causing any damage by using them.

Honestly it's completely up to you and which makes you feel more comfortable. I only started my period when I was 16 and I used tampons straight away (it did take me like four attempts to work out how to put it in comfortably haha) and honestly I never use pads if I can help it. Maybe get the ultra-thin ones and use them as well as the tampon, it'll show you that you don't need to worry about leaking

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.