Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl, 18 years old, been with my boyfriend for a while now (4 or 5 months). He's the only guy i've been with sexually, ever. He's had one previous sexual partner, but that was over 2 years ago. He's never shown any symptoms of an STI, but i know they dont all have symptoms as such. So, should I ask him to get tested? I asked him months ago to get tested and he never did (think he was maybe nervous, scared of needles etc, he said he wasn't scared but i think he was really), so we just kind of forgot about it....should I bring up the subject again?

You see the thing is, we ALWAYS use condoms, but we're thinking about starting to have oral sex. We've never done oral together before and i'm worried that if i ask him to use a condom for it he'll find it a bit insulting. I don't really believe he has an infection, but there's always the chance. And before anyone tells me otherwise, you can catch certian STIs from giving oral.

In all honesty, i dont think oral without a condom is going to be particularly enjoyable for me, if you know what i mean. Don't mean to be graphic but i dont think the taste will be particularly pleasent. However, if i expect him to perform oral on me without a dental dam, surely its only fair to treat him the same way and go without a condom? Bearing in mind that guys actually squirt a fluid out and girls don't directly.

So, to sum up- two issues- STIs and taste. Should I ask him to wear a condom? Should I tell him i'm worried about the taste or is that just plain insulting? If we do use condoms, are flavoured ones any good? Any recommendations? Do you need lube for oral sex? If so, again, flavours?

Sorry there are so many questions, but i'm really new to all this!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You should ask for him to get tested, as it will always be in your mind otherwise.

Oral sex with condoms is terrible. You really don't want to be sucking on rubber. If he cleans well, then you shouldn't actually taste anything. You could do it after a shower so you know he's clean, if you're worried.

In regards to him coming inside your mouth, you can always tell him not to. Assuming he has the slightest control over it, he doesn't have to *** inside your mouth, so you don't need to be worried about the taste until you're comfortable with him doing so. A lot of the time, oral is just used for foreplay and so he will finish during sex, not oral.

Hope that helps.

Edit: and no need for lube with oral sex. Honestly I prefer the thought of just skin than weird ingredients in my mouth! They never really taste like the flavour they say it is!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most guys I know would rather have no blowjob than one with a condom - my boyfriend would say whats the point, i can't feel anything.

Ask him to get tested if its really worrying you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AB25)
    Sorry there are so many questions, but i'm really new to all this!
    Thanks
    If he was last with just one person two years ago then I should imagine he'd be fine STI wise. You could ask him to be checked and under other circumstances I'd agree, but I wouldn't insist on it in this case - I'd be very surprised if he had anything. If you feel totally uncomfortable about it though, then there's no shame in raising your concerns, you have to keep your own health in mind!

Regarding taste from oral - there really isn't much! From a guy anyway. I'm not into females but I suspect the taste of vagina would be a lot more unpleasant than penis! If you don't want him to ejaculate in your mouth then just tell him, it's good to talk and that way there won't be any surprises. You don't have to ram it down your throat anyway, just take it slow and use your tongue a bit first

Hope that helps, don't think any of that counts as sex tips.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can tell you that a man with good hygiene tastes not much different to sucking on your own thumb (hopefully much bigger though ). Honestly, it's not as bad as you think, and it's probably a damn lot nicer than sucking on rubber (and as 'un-jardin-sur-le-nil' said, it would be pointless for him as well). That is, provided he's clean. You don't want to be licking cheese off his *******.

As for the taste of semen... apparently taste varies depending on diet. I'd tried my own, and it tasted ok, but was a bit too gunky for my liking. Imagine having watered down PVA glue in your mouth

(Original post by ninth2)
    I suspect the taste of vagina would be a lot more unpleasant than penis!
    I've only tried one of each so I can't speak for every human being's genitalia, but yes, the penis did taste better
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It's entirely up to you. Most tests don't involve needles - you can get tested for HIV via a mouth swab, for example.

If you're using an ordinary condom, using a flavoured lube will help and you can also use flavoured or non-latex condoms, but yes, it tastes better without.

Tell him you're worried about the taste of him coming in your mouth - there's a reasonable chance he's never tasted his own semen - and he should be able to avoid that (or know that he can't). The taste varies according to diet and other factors, but some of us rather like it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninth2)
    I'm not into females but I suspect the taste of vagina would be a lot more unpleasant than penis!
    That is your sexual orientation speaking If you were bisexual, you'd probably enjoy both a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    That is your sexual orientation speaking If you were bisexual, you'd probably enjoy both a lot.
    Hmm I'll take your word on that one! I don't like seafood.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I don't like seafood
    .. and people ask if the gay scene is still misogynist...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    .. and people ask if the gay scene is still misogynist...
    Misogynist? Gay 'scene'? So many overwhelming presumptions in a single sentence. It's a well known, harmless joke. You're either worryingly humourless, or dangerously lonely. I haven't said anything wrong. Happy New Year

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.