Underweight but fat?!

Watch
amberox
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Okay so im female 15, 5ft'5/6 and about 105lbs 7.5stone.

I used to be overweight so i started going on a diet and started running. I am now 7.5stone which is underweight i think? but i still have fat on my belly and a small muffin top? I was hoping to lose the fat on my belly when dieting but some of it is still there.
Also i used to be a C cup in bras i am now an A and my periods have stopped..

Please can someone tell me why i still have a fat belly?? :confused:
parpirate
Badges: 12
Report 8 years ago
You've already posted this thread and been told that you're underweight and not eating enough (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...911&highlight=) and again in October http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2148123.

Your lack of food has caused your body to eat away at your muscles leaving what you're perceiving as a 'fat belly'.
marcus2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Alas, you are skinny fat.
eelnais
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For goodness sake, eat normally and do some sit-ups. Make sure you gain at least a stone. See a doctor about your period. Problem solved.
boner in jeans
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
skinny fat

bro do u even lift?
Zurvan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You have fat belly still since your body chooses where to lose fat and that is usually one of the last places where it comes off. There isn't any way possible to directly lose fat at the belly, just have to be patient and let your body lose the fat naturally wherever.
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by parpirate)
You've already posted this thread and been told that you're underweight and not eating enough (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...911&highlight=) and again in October http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2148123.

Your lack of food has caused your body to eat away at your muscles leaving what you're perceiving as a 'fat belly'.
Lol
I also like how she's now 15 and used to be 16. True story bro :cookie:

I don't know much about girlie matters but no period in 3 months is a SERIOUS cause for concern. See a doc. If you're not pregnant you have seriously messed up your hormonal cycle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TZ421
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It makes me sad to see anorexic people posting saying they want to lose weight knowing full well they will never listen to any serious advice, potentially life saving, posted here.
Lawstudent321
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You need to stop the dieting and eat properly. When your periods are normal and your weight is at least 8stones go to the gym and concentrate on your stomach area. You should not be under 8 stones don't do this to yourself, you'll become paranoid and you could get bulimia. Take care of yourself and just be happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
x__justmyluck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Same! I have a bmi of 15.6 but a fat stomach and thighs. I'm going to join the gym at college but I'm not sure what exercises to do for my stomach. Do you think situps are enough?
Lawstudent321
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by x__justmyluck)
Same! I have a bmi of 15.6 but a fat stomach and thighs. I'm going to join the gym at college but I'm not sure what exercises to do for my stomach. Do you think situps are enough?
Get a personal trainer or search stomach exercises on YouTube.

Posted from TSR Mobile
revise*more*now!
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You need to eat healthily and to gain some weight to be healthy and so that your periods start again. What you describe as fat on your belly may just be skin that hasn't shrunk back, especially if you have lost a lot of weight quickly. You need to do gentle, toning exercise, not strenuous weight-loss exercise.
thegreenchildren
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sometimes after you have been dieting and you have become underweight, the way you see yourself changes. When I had a bmi of 12, I thought I had a fat belly, looking back now I know I didn't!. So try to live a healthier lifestyle, don't starve yourself, and you are likely to find that you are happier in yourself and you will realise there is more to life than worrying about stomach. Good luck!

Oh and you must do everything you can to regain your periods because it will become more difficult to regain them as you get older.
PauLLL
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Eat well. Exercise is the only thing that can get rid of belly fat, otherwise you're left with a bloated looking stomach.

Posted from TSR Mobile
rafa.bodybuilder
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
you're not eating well enough, especially in terms of protein therefore your body will eat your muscles instead of fat hence you being skinny fat
amberox
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
thank you for every ones help! so if i eat normally how will i get rid of the fat around my belly?
RobJ93
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wouldn't be surprised if you are malnourished and getting oedema. Eat more, see a doctor about the period but that's probably because you are under eating

Posted from TSR Mobile
PauLLL
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by amberox)
thank you for every ones help! so if i eat normally how will i get rid of the fat around my belly?
Exercise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chrisateen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The periods have stopped because you are underweight. Once you gain a few pounds it would come back again.

The reason why you still look skinnyfat is because you have no muscle. The best thing to do right now is to gain weight and lift heavy this would enable you to build some muscle and will help to "tone" your body and you would probably end up looking leaner with a bit more weight and lifting heavy than what you do now. Losing more weight or doing cardio is not going to solve the problem and this is advice from someone who use to be very overweight and managed to get to a BMI of 21 and have a 4 pack
.Heather.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Chrisateen)
The periods have stopped because you are underweight. Once you gain a few pounds it would come back again.

The reason why you still look skinnyfat is because you have no muscle. The best thing to do right now is to gain weight and lift heavy this would enable you to build some muscle and will help to "tone" your body and you would probably end up looking leaner with a bit more weight and lifting heavy than what you do now. Losing more weight or doing cardio is not going to solve the problem and this is advice from someone who use to be very overweight and managed to get to a BMI of 21 and have a 4 pack
That's pretty impressive. How much would you lift? I do a bit of weight right now but trying to see if I can gain a bit more muscle
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (292)
84.64%
No (53)
15.36%

Watched Threads