Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you ever consider adoption? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys;

Well, after thinking when reading a thread, it got me thinking as to whether people would ever consider adoption as a means of becoming a parent or consider fostering at all?

As in, would you ever consider adoption over having your own children or do your own biological children take priority over any adopted child?

What would you do?

ReputationRep:
    I would want to have my own biological children but I would consider adoption if this didn't work out. I'd want to adopt a baby though, rather than foster a child.

ReputationRep:
    I have told my mum that I'd adopt a child after I achieve a stable life, maybe in 30s..?

for personal reasons, I don't think I will enter a marriage with a woman. But I really want a child whom I can give my love to. I think being a parent is a valuable experience in the life, which allows me to understand my parents deeply.

Also, seeing a child to grow a man/lady is really enjoyable. My mum said your child would be the only person whom you can give entire love without any selfishness.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely.

and this too!!

(Original post by Londonburger)
    I have told my mum that I'd adopt a child after I achieve a stable life, maybe in 30s..?

for personal reasons, I don't think I will enter a marriage with a woman. But I really want a child whom I can give my love to. I think being a parent is a valuable experience in the life, which allows me to understand my parents deeply.

Also, seeing a child to grow a man/lady is really enjoyable. My mum said your child would be the only person whom you can give entire love without any selfishness.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I'd love to have my own children, considering the vastly growing overpopulation I'm starting to consider the alternative - to adopt. The idea does scare me a little, I mean, a child is a huge responsibility and when you haven't carried the child inside your own body for months, will I learn to love the child in the same way? Will I be given enough time to get adjusted to the new child? When will the child learn to love me? These questions may sound silly to some, but as someone who would've never considered doing else but giving birth to her own, these things have started to wander around in my mind.

I have to say it feels a tad odd to think about this without having a partner, haha.

ReputationRep:
    If I can adopt bill gates then yes please.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I've always liked the idea of having one biological child, and adopting one baby. It all depends on whether me and my partner could create a very relaxed and fair environment so that everyone felt happy and comfortable, but I'd like to think I'm an easy going person and would never see my own biological child as more important.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    If I ended up with someone I loved who couldn't conceive, or worse I turned out to be infertile, I would definitely adopt.

Obviously would much rather my own biological children, though in all honesty there's no logic behind that, just emotional motivations.

If I had a stable family with children, and wanted another, I would definitely consider adoption for another child. I would never foster however. All or nothing in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely want to adopt a child, I'd also want to have biological children as well though. I think it would just be a really nice thing to do for a child .
    I know someone who fosters children all the time and has ended up adopting a few of them.

ReputationRep:
    If I had fertility problems, I would choose adoption over IVF.

ReputationRep:
    Right now I'm thinking 'no' because I know I wouldn't the treat the same as a biological chil d therefore I wouldn't want to adopt, but if my mentality changed then sure. Otherwise I don't think it's fair on the child :]

ReputationRep:
    yup! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I would very much like to adopt, when it's the right time

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to have my own children and adopt.

ReputationRep:
    I want to adopt a child, maybe my first one as that means my own biological child will be used to the first one and will see her/him as apart of the family. I do definitely want to adopt one, it gives a child from a broken home a chance to have a real loving family

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I want to have my own biological children, but if that's not possible for one reason or another, I'd want to adopt rather than spending lots on IVF.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.