I think i might see a break up between me and my boyfriend on the horizon. I want to be with him, right, but we're in a long distance relationship and have been for pretty much the entire 5 month duration of our relationship. I'm at uni, you see. He lives back in my hometown, a 2.5 hour drive away.
I've been thinking about splitting up with him for a couple of weeks now, and feel really upset at the thought of losing him, but think that its going to happen sooner or later
- During term time we only see each other maybe once a fortnight. Its devastating
- I cry all the time cos he's not around
- I spend my days wishing he was there
- Its interfering with my course work cos i'm distracted and upset
- I'm doing a marine biology degree which, hopefully, could take me around the world in the future. If I know i'm possibly gonna be moving even further away from him, should I continue the relationship?
- I cant see us ever living near each other, no future
Basically, because of the distance i'm unable to fully enjoy the uni or the relationship, I hate a bit of both and love a bit of both. Never been so happy and heartbroken at the same time. For an 18 year old in their first ever relationship, long distance is horribly hard :/ He's an amazing guy, you couldn't meet a nicer person, but we're never gonna be in a happy relationship, in my opinion.
What should I do? Anyone been in the same predicament?
Break up? Watch
- Thread Starter
- 03-01-2013 20:50
- 04-01-2013 00:26
Its one of those things that you just need to be selfish, its affecting your degree and your happiness, if you stay in the relationship and its affecting you that bad emotionally its just going to end up with you being really upset and not having any interest at all in either. I know itll be hard but you need to do whats best for you emotionally and academically.
- 04-01-2013 01:41
i agree with kerry, focus on yourself here. you need to be doing well at uni while also having a great time, best years of your life and all that jazz.
maybe when you're next home for the holidays sit down with him and discuss how practical the relationship is when youre far apart