Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heeey, i was wondering is anyone could help me with my course options? i'm currently a first year and am really not enjoying my course and feel the unistats aren't doing it much justice! i think now would be the ideal time to change or drop out however am sure of the process and how i would get any offers on other courses elsewhere?
    Can anyone help me?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenny90210)
    Heeey, i was wondering is anyone could help me with my course options? i'm currently a first year and am really not enjoying my course and feel the unistats aren't doing it much justice! i think now would be the ideal time to change or drop out however am sure of the process and how i would get any offers on other courses elsewhere?
    Can anyone help me?!
    Hey! I completely know what you are going through. I am currently in my final year of a politics degree, but I did initially do law and obviously I switched courses and university's.

From my own experience, I think there are a few things to consider.

1. You know you don't enjoy it and you are the one with the student debt, so don't let anyone else pressurise you into staying if you don't want to. You know what is best for you.
    2. It's pretty straightforward to change courses and universities. Just a couple of forms.
    3. If you are going to change course, do you have any experience with the course you want to change to! I.e. are you interested in it?
    4.is the new course going to be any more beneficial for you for when you are looking for a job?
    5. If you drop out now, at this time of year ,you will have to pay back the tuition fees! So I would advise finishing off the year
    Any more questions I am more than happy to answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Thanks for the advice, just wondering did you complete the year of your law degree before changing? i'm just thinking about the ucas application progress!
    Thankss.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did, I didn't attend anything and I failed the exams but I completed the year. Every job interview I've had they have always asked why I switched courses, so. Would recommend finishing the year before your change. Plus Ucas ask for it

X

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.