Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Basically I want to get into the fashion industry when im older and i thought it would be a good idea to email round to designers so i could meet them, do workexperince and maybe make some contacts. However I am completely lost for words... anyone have any suggestions of what to include to make me sound appealing or any tips from people who have maybe tried before? ...does this sound like wishful thinking?

ReputationRep:
    I've moved this for you as it had been posted in the legal section.

ReputationRep:
    oh awkward, well this is a fail of a post isnt it? I guess no one can help :P

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Its a certainly a good idea to try and get some experience before embarking on a career in fashion. It can be very different to what people think ( ive worked in fashion for 10 years) and there are many different types of jobs.
    Many designers take on internships, long or short term. Send emails/letters to any companies you are interested in saying exactly what you've said in your post. You are interested in career in fashion and would like to gain some experience. If there are certain areas you are interested in ( maybe sales, maybe press, maybe product development) then state this, if you dont know then its ok to say that you are keen to experience any aspect to help give you more of an insite into the industry.
    Dont expect to get a role within a design department, very few will take on interns in this area, but if you get in somewhere and prove yourself you could move around the company again more experience.
    Are you thinking of studing a fashion degree? Its worth getting some experience first, you might find something comes from this and you dont actually need to do a degree (3 years at uni and Ive never used any of it!). Getting experience is the key here. Many graduates are working as interns (for free) and have to do this for a year or more before getting any type of paid job. Just go for it. Get some emails sent

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.