Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right now life is such a draaggg!
    I'm in year 11 and everything is so in routine...yh it is the year of the GCSEs and it was never going to be great. But it seems like it's going to get worse as I get older!
    I mean I'm happy during the holidays when I'm meeting up with friends and stuff...but during term time it's soooo boring!
    Plus my school is all about work, work, work. They even keep telling us that GCSEs are a lot more important than we think they are and it is VERY important to do well in them. So that put the pressure on us to study.
    Anyone got any suggestions on what I can do? Or anyone else felt this way?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You can easily go through your life without actually living it. You should write a big list of everything you want to do, however big/small/stupid it is. That would then give you some kind of "aim" so you know what you would count as being fun/an achievement. I'm 25 now and happier than ever, and if ever I feel like there is nothing to do I just pick something off the list and try doing that. For example, watch every film on IMDBs top 250, learn to do a rubiks cube, write script (however bad). They are terrible examples, but I'm sure you can think of better ones.

ReputationRep:
    Find something you really enjoy doing... there must be something! Then figure out where to go from there. Planning for the future can be good as it gives you something to look forward to, set yourself goals to reach that'll make you feel like you've achieved something.
    Studying is important yes, but so is figuring out yourself. Try a new hobby perhaps, get into a new sport. Do something that you don't do at school, you might find it sparks your interest more than just the regular dull monotony of school work.
    I know it sounds hard but try find things that make you feel excited, and don't say there's nothing that excites you, it may take some time to find it but there's something out there for everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Mum told me its because it's that stage in life and it won't last forever. I'm thinking 2015 were r u???

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.