Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In the boredom which was Business today (where i found out from my teacher Mr Bean that i got 90/90 on both my resits, although i don't believe him), me and a mate ([email protected]), got into a chat and decided that writing "I Am A Fish" 500 times would be a genuinely good technique in answering exam questions.
    What are peoples thoughts on this technique for exam answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    In the boredom which was Business today (where i found out from my teacher Mr Bean that i got 90/90 on both my resits, although i don't believe him), me and a mate ([email protected]), got into a chat and decided that writing "I Am A Fish" 500 times would be a genuinely good technique in answering exam questions.
    Hmm...don't think I'll be adopting that one!

ReputationRep:
    idid that once in a maths lesson..... i never got to live it down....
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I did once write "blue" in answer to all the questions I had no idea about. I got a distinction on that exam :confused:

but then it was a "Computer Awareness" exam

("Q1: label this picture of a computer with the following words: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, CPU"

"Q2: Which type of program would you use for writing a letter: A word processing program, a spreadsheet program or a database program" :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I did once write "blue" in answer to all the questions I had no idea about. I got a distinction on that exam :confused:

but then it was a "Computer Awareness" exam

("Q1: label this picture of a computer with the following words: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, CPU"

"Q2: Which type of program would you use for writing a letter: A word processing program, a spreadsheet program or a database program" :rolleyes: )
    So how many did you actually answer "blue" then?

ReputationRep:
    lol... i get it, like

"The answer to everything is 11" - well thats mine anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Hmm vaguely on the subject of Red Dwarf I in fact used to scribble reminders on my palms,the sides of my pencil and anything remotely usable in tiny writing.
    Well i thought about it, but there would be no way that what happened to rimmer wouldn't happen to me somehow!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    So how many did you actually answer "blue" then?
    somewhere between 10 and 20

(bearing in mind our exam preparation involved being taken into the headmasters study and each being allowed to spend a couple of minutes using a real computer mouse :eek: ...yes that's right my school was s**t, the headmaster was later taken to court for sexual assault of a pupil but was released without charge (coincidentally the same happened with my primary school headmaster - although my primary school headmaster was a sweetheart while the secondary school head was a lecherous scumbag who had it coming to him))

ReputationRep:
    somewhere between 10 and 20

(bearing in mind our exam preparation involved being taken into the headmasters study and each being allowed to spend a couple of minutes using a real computer mouse :eek: ...yes that's right my school was s**t, the headmaster was later taken to court for sexual assault of a pupil but was released without charge (coincidentally the same happened with my primary school headmaster - although my primary school headmaster was a sweetheart while the secondary school head was a lecherous scumbag who had it coming to him))
    Wow!
    A REAL mouse.
    Did it squeak alot?

ReputationRep:
    Well i thought about it, but there would be no way that what happened to rimmer wouldn't happen to me somehow!
    What happened to Rimmer?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Wow!
    A REAL mouse.
    Did it squeak alot?
    We got to use it to play solitaire - each person taking a turn.

I'm embarrassed to say that I was completely crap and couldn't get it to stop shooting round the screen uncontrollably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    What happened to Rimmer?
    He writ the stuff all up his arms, legs etc., and the sweat made it all smudged together, until he just tried to print what was on his hand onto the page.

ReputationRep:
    We got to use it to play solitaire - each person taking a turn.

I'm embarrassed to say that I was completely crap and couldn't get it to stop shooting round the screen uncontrollably
    Solitaire.
    Which version?
    Las Vegas, or regular?
    Or was it spider solitaire?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Solitaire.
    Which version?
    Las Vegas, or regular?
    Or was it spider solitaire?
    Nothing so complicated this was back in 1995 on the very first release of Win95a...which only came with regular solitaire.

It disturbs me to think that nearly 10 years later my old school still has less than 15 working PCs (plus about 50 that don't work or run dodgy software...I learnt to use spreadsheets on a BBC and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they're still being used)

ReputationRep:
    How unorthodox, it might just work!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe for a philosophy exam. There was someone who did a similar thing in their philosophy final...
    Question - What is the bravest thing you have ever done?
    Answer - This.

They got a 1st for it!!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing so complicated this was back in 1995 on the very first release of Win95a...which only came with regular solitaire.

It disturbs me to think that nearly 10 years later my old school still has less than 15 working PCs (plus about 50 that don't work or run dodgy software...I learnt to use spreadsheets on a BBC and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they're still being used)
    WEll, form memory, there was both regular and las vegas scoring on the first solitaire.
    BBC computers were awful!
    I had to use them sometimes at my secondary school (which had okay computers in the computing block, but everywhere else it was archaic).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    How unorthodox, it might just work!
    Well, i'm going to try it in my mocks maybe.
    I've got such a large points gap above an A in business (if my results were right), i can afford to mess about on the mocks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Maybe for a philosophy exam. There was someone who did a similar thing in their philosophy final...
    Question - What is the bravest thing you have ever done?
    Answer - This.

They got a 1st for it!!
    For a one word answer?

ReputationRep:
    Well, i'm going to try it in my mocks maybe.
    I've got such a large points gap above an A in business (if my results were right), i can afford to mess about on the mocks!
    lol. I have a grade 'A' in business. Yah. One question, why oh why is the subject regarded as mickey mouse? I do both maths and computing, and had always regarded the subject as 'decent'.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.