Turn on thread page Beta

Exam Answers: I Am A Fish watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    lol. I have a grade 'A' in business. Yah. One question, why oh why is the subject regarded as mickey mouse? I do both maths and computing, and had always regarded the subject as 'decent'.
    Ha! I do them too, but i do find business alot easier, but thats just because i seem to have a knack for it.
    It certainly isn't a mickey mouse subject.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    BBC computers were awful!
    BBCs rocked - I learnt my first basic on an Acorn Electron - these new fangled GUI take all the fun out of computers

ReputationRep:
    For a one word answer?
    Exactly! Jammy or what?!!

ReputationRep:
    Ha! I do them too, but i do find business alot easier, but thats just because i seem to have a knack for it.
    It certainly isn't a mickey mouse subject.
    Yeah, but I have AAB already. I found business the most interesting alongside maths. However business requires a lot of writing! Evaluation, analysis, etc. I too have a knack for the subject. But in some threads, I have seen business come up numerous times, as to whether it is mickey mouse or not. P*ss take. If anything Computing is easier.

Have you sat BUS5W - The report?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    BBCs rocked - I learnt my first basic on an Acorn Electron - these new fangled GUI take all the fun out of computers
    No, they did not.
    Those massive floppy disks!!! That were actually floppy!! (no expensive plastic cases in them days).
    But at least they didn't crash 2/3 times a day like XP does...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    No, they did not.
    Those massive floppy disks!!! That were actually floppy!! (no expensive plastic cases in them days).
    But at least they didn't crash 2/3 times a day like XP does...
    hehehe we've just got a second hand PC with one of those old floppy disk drives (to work with the router and speed up net access from out network at home)...it's got the little clip thing to hold the disk in properly and everything....it's so sweet.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but I have AAB already. I found business the most interesting alongside maths. However business requires a lot of writing! Evaluation, analysis, etc. I too have a knack for the subject. But in some threads, I have seen business come up numerous times, as to whether it is mickey mouse or not. P*ss take. If anything Computing is easier.

Have you sat BUS5W - The report?
    Yeah. But i'm good at writing tonnes of garbage quickly!
    I don't think computings easier.
    I hate the A2 coursework, where i decided it would be a good idea to design a system 10 times more complicated than i needed for the course, using access, which i surprisingly have little clue about.

No, i've only taken the AS modules .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    hehehe we've just got a second hand PC with one of those old floppy disk drives (to work with the router and speed up net access from out network at home)...it's got the little clip thing to hold the disk in properly and everything....it's so sweet.
    What, 5 1/4 inch?
    I've got one of those, but i swear the BBC ones were even bigger.
    At college, theres a CD which is about 2 foot diameter, with a capacity of 1 MB!!!
    Those were the bad old days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Maybe for a philosophy exam. There was someone who did a similar thing in their philosophy final...
    Question - What is the bravest thing you have ever done?
    Answer - This.

They got a 1st for it!!
    Similar story, where someone just wrote "why?" for all the answers to their philsophy exam, and passed!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. But i'm good at writing tonnes of garbage quickly!
    I don't think computings easier.
    I hate the A2 coursework, where i decided it would be a good idea to design a system 10 times more complicated than i needed for the course, using access, which i surprisingly have little clue about.

No, i've only taken the AS modules .
    lol. A/S is soooooooooo much easier. Try and get as many marks as possible in those modules. A2 is a big step up, as answers have to be a little more than 'garbage'. Yes the A2 coursework for computing is quite a lot, probably the biggest work load course in A-level. So glad I don't have to do it. Why access? I hate it!

ReputationRep:
    lol. A/S is soooooooooo much easier. Try and get as many marks as possible in those modules. A2 is a big step up, as answers have to be a little more than 'garbage'. Yes the A2 coursework for computing is quite a lot, probably the biggest work load course in A-level. So glad I don't have to do it. Why access? I hate it!
    Well, not really to me.
    I find them both easy.
    Is 90 out of 90 good enough? (i still don't believe thats what i got, but anyway).
    I know that. I was just saying i am good at writing fast.
    Well, it was either that or VB, and it suited access more i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Well, not really to me.
    I find them both easy.
    Is 90 out of 90 good enough? (i still don't believe thats what i got, but anyway).
    I know that. I was just saying i am good at writing fast.
    Well, it was either that or VB, and it suited access more i suppose.
    Well full marks is not unusual amongst the ones whom thrive in business:
    :cool:
    90/90 - BUS4
    120/120 - BUS3

Believe. I too was suprised when I got my results.

Access has too many problems with it, in my opinion. Surely VB would have suited it more, as you would have more commands, and can implement your own custom code to do exactly what you want? (btw I hated the theory lessons with a passion, sooooooooooooo boooorinng).

ReputationRep:
    Well full marks is not unusual amongst the ones whom thrive in business:
    :cool:
    90/90 - BUS4
    120/120 - BUS3

Believe. I too was suprised when I got my results.

Access has too many problems with it, in my opinion. Surely VB would have suited it more, as you would have more commands, and can implement your own custom code to do exactly what you want? (btw I hated the theory lessons with a passion, sooooooooooooo boooorinng).
    I wasn't so sure to be honest.
    I am really good at business, but though all those stories about loads of people getting top marks were about geeks really.
    Maybe i should take Bus 3 (a dissapointing 106).
    Well, both access and VB have problems, but because of the sort of project i designed, it would have been very hard to do some of the stuff in access.
    Although i may have to consider doing the variable tournament sizes in it...
    Grr... Theory!
    I can't say i have learnt much at all in the theory lessons.
    I now know how to program a microprocessor program, which i found fatal bugs in within 5 minutes...

ReputationRep:
    someone at my old school wrote throughout his history exam 'i am god'

the sad thing was he actually believed it! really wierd type.

generally, when i dont know an answer to a question in an exam, i say something along the lines of "frankly, i haven't got a clue. My teacher would only assist students if they had tits."

90 iluvatar! not bad at all!

(Original post by pencil queen)
    I'm embarrassed to say that I was completely crap and couldn't get it to stop shooting round the screen uncontrollably
    have i taken that the wrong way, or the right way?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    someone at my old school wrote throughout his history exam 'i am god'

the sad thing was he actually believed it! really wierd type.

generally, when i dont know an answer to a question in an exam, i say something along the lines of "frankly, i haven't got a clue. My teacher would only assist students if they had tits."

90 iluvatar! not bad at all!
    Whats wrong with being confident?
    As long as he wasn't arrogant about the fact he was god, i don't see the problem.

Hmm... nice answer. But with those sorts of things its important to play the odds. A male marker would find that amusing, while a female would most likely be offended.
    "I am a fish" can't be taken in any sort of serious context, and if they are red dwarf fans, its a bonus!

Well, yeah, if its right. But, as i said. I've got Mr Bean for a teacher, and i wouldn't trust anything that he said.

(Original post by Ollie)
    Dammit!!! Pointless innuendo, and i wasn't the first to see it!

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't so sure to be honest.
    I am really good at business, but though all those stories about loads of people getting top marks were about geeks really.
    Maybe i should take Bus 3 (a dissapointing 106).
    Well, both access and VB have problems, but because of the sort of project i designed, it would have been very hard to do some of the stuff in access.
    Although i may have to consider doing the variable tournament sizes in it...
    Grr... Theory!
    I can't say i have learnt much at all in the theory lessons.
    I now know how to program a microprocessor program, which i found fatal bugs in within 5 minutes...
    106/120 that is abysmal!!! Go re-sit!!! lol. Nah, you'll do fine.

ReputationRep:
    106/120 that is abysmal!!! Go re-sit!!! lol. Nah, you'll do fine.
    I know.
    But i didn't do any revision (although i didn't revise for the resits either), and i was in an altered state at the time (again, the same as my resits)...

I suppose theres no excuse really!
    I might resit, just for the sake of it, and the chance to write "I am a fish" 500 times, and nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    I know.
    But i didn't do any revision (although i didn't revise for the resits either), and i was in an altered state at the time (again, the same as my resits)...

I suppose theres no excuse really!
    I might resit, just for the sake of it, and the chance to write "I am a fish" 500 times, and nothing else.
    lol

Question 1: 'Define economy of scales' (<-See the intended pun?)
    Answer 1: 'I am a fish'

ReputationRep:
    lol

Question 1: 'Define economy of scales' (<-See the intended pun?)
    Answer 1: 'I am a fish'
    I was being serious...

Pun? Isn't that an exageration?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Dirty boy!!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.