(Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Dirty boy!!!
    good to see your getting to know me!

ReputationRep:
    Here is a way to flame maths exams.

1/infinity = 0
    10/infinity=0

therefore:
    1/infinity=10/infinity (both sides x infinity)
    1=10

This works for all numbers. Write it on the first page of your answers and write random numbers for all the other answers.

ReputationRep:
    i did something like that for my last P1 or P2, kant remember which one. anywho, i finished tha paper, and on the first completely blank page i kame to i wrote down, pi is 3.141592653589793238462643383279 50288419716939937510582097494459 23078164062862089986280348253421 170679821480865132823

it'll be funny if this comes up in the exmainers report or something, or a stern letter comes to the skool. i doubt that will happen but it will be funny if it does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    In the boredom which was Business today (where i found out from my teacher Mr Bean that i got 90/90 on both my resits, although i don't believe him), me and a mate ([email protected]), got into a chat and decided that writing "I Am A Fish" 500 times would be a genuinely good technique in answering exam questions.
    What are peoples thoughts on this technique for exam answers?

not at all like Rimmer....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    Here is a way to flame maths exams.

1/infinity = 0
    10/infinity=0

therefore:
    1/infinity=10/infinity (both sides x infinity)
    1=10

This works for all numbers. Write it on the first page of your answers and write random numbers for all the other answers.
    But 1/infinity and 10/infinity are different ratios of 0.
    And if use use that theory, you can also prove, using hitchikers guide to the galaxy, that we don't exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hohum)
    not at all like Rimmer....
    Well, yeah, i know.
    But that was honestly an inspired way of answering questions in an exam.
    I was so shocked that he didn't become an officer with that sort of quality in his answers.

ReputationRep:
    All multiple choice answers you don't know answer B
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Fairydust)
    All multiple choice answers you don't know answer B
    Unless it's a negatively marked multiple choice exam - the evilest type of exam in the world (if you choose the wrong choice it takes a mark off your total so if you got half right and half wrong you'd score 0% :eek: )

ReputationRep:
    I learnt that the answer to all A level chemisty questions was Hydrogen Bonding. I tried this techinique in and exam, and the answer actually was hydrogen bonding.

Alternatively, for multiple choice answers, I always wrote b when I didn't have a clue, not sure how effective it was though.

Ps, I hadn't read all the posts, but obviously great minds think alike as someone else also writes b when in doubt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I learnt that the answer to all A level chemisty questions was Hydrogen Bonding. I tried this techinique in and exam, and the answer actually was hydrogen bonding.

Alternatively, for multiple choice answers, I always wrote b when I didn't have a clue, not sure how effective it was though.

Ps, I hadn't read all the posts, but obviously great minds think alike as someone else also writes b when in doubt!
    B is not the answer.
    Write on the paper that none of the answers are exact enough for you, so you don't think its right you give an inferior answer.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Nothing so complicated this was back in 1995 on the very first release of Win95a...which only came with regular solitaire.

It disturbs me to think that nearly 10 years later my old school still has less than 15 working PCs (plus about 50 that don't work or run dodgy software...I learnt to use spreadsheets on a BBC and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they're still being used)
    what school was that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Hmm...don't think I'll be adopting that one!
    I second that!!

ReputationRep:
    A finals paper -

"This is a question"

"This is an answer."
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sasha D)
    what school was that?
    this one: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...l/343_4102.stm

ReputationRep:
    When i sat my chemistry GCSE, after having missed a year's worth of work due to illness, and actually not caring cos i hated chemistry, i went into the exam and wrote 'only smarties have the answer' for every question i couldn't answer.

Not surprising i got a D really.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.