Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend flirted with my mate Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I hope you can give me some advice and understand I'm battling between my feelings and my thoughts.

I caught my boyfriend flirting with my friend, on Christmas eve (my Christmas was ruined), asking her for pictures, suggesting things they could do if they were both single, that sort of thing. I confronted both of them about it, told both of them how I felt and had asked my boyf to remove her from his Facebook, phone and anything else. The flirting had started and ended in a week and my boyf told me that he realised what he was doing and had ended it, which looked true with their conversations. Well I found out today that he has been texting her and has been speaking to her for the whole day today. There has been no flirting and my boyf warned her they were approaching 'dangerous territory' but I don't know if this was a joke or him actually being concerned. Now I don't know what to do with him. We've been together for over a year and our friends have created a big friendship group so if we did break up we'd have to hang out at social events anyway. I'm at uni, but I just want to settle down and I really can't stand thinking of going through the whole dating process again.

On another note, in November he started talking to his ex (who did terrible things to him) and I put up with it for a while but then I asked him that I was feeling uncomfortable and asked him to remove her which he said he would. I found out (on my birthday = birthday ruined) that he was still talking to her, only a few hours after he told me he would delete her. The convo ranged from saying hello to the sex positions she was teaching a virgin. I was furious and asked him to remove her completely which he has done.

Has anyone got any advice?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest he doesn't seem great. I know how terrible it feels, though
    I'd personally suggest a break to see where your head is at. If during the break, he does anything with anyone, then you know he isn't to be trusted and to get rid (and you know you have him a chance etc), if he behaves and is apologetic then it's up to you what you do.

In my personal opinion, I'd dump him, but I know it's not as easy as that when you love someone. Have a think about your relationship, good and bad, and don't rush into anything

ReputationRep:
    I thought you broke up http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2188908

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...043&highlight=

ReputationRep:
    flirt with his mate

ReputationRep:
    We've been having issues for ages :/ but we've kept trying and it got better when we came back from Uni for Christmas, or that's what I thought. It's really bad because neither of us wants to leave the relationship but we have no idea how to make it work and now this has just hit me like a bullet to the heart

ReputationRep:
    By what you're saying, it seems only logical for you to break up. There's bound to be somebody else out there that'd treat you better than this. The dating thing might be daunting, but I think it's better to end a relationship sooner rather than later if you don't see things improving. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaki_B)
    We've been having issues for ages :/ but we've kept trying and it got better when we came back from Uni for Christmas, or that's what I thought. It's really bad because neither of us wants to leave the relationship but we have no idea how to make it work and now this has just hit me like a bullet to the heart
    Break up.

ReputationRep:
    If you can't trust him and this thing seems to happen fairly often, that will not make for a stable relationship. Seems like he might even be using you as a cop-out if he can't get with someone hotter than you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.