Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There is no-one that looks like me- therefore I am unattractive Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know it sounds utterly stupid and that I have much more going on in my life right now, but as the title says there is no-one in the media that resembles me in anyway and the only explanation I can come up with is because I just have one of those faces that is unappealing.
    I remember thinking about this when I was younger and my friends would get people telling them they looked like so-and-so it didn't bother me I was just aware of it, and I didn't really think about it again until the topic came up of who they look like with some of my friends and one of them 'jokingly' said "God realized his mistake with you and didn't make another" and then from then on I have just got more and more insecure about it, which I know is ridiculous.
    I just feel like to gain validation that I am attractive I must find a FEMALE celeb/model that looks like me.
    So yeah, any thoughts? Haha

ReputationRep:
    Lol what? You feel insecure from one comment your friend said when you were younger? C'mon, it's clear she was joking. Why do you think looking a celeb would make you feel attractive? What if there isn't one that looks like you? You can't let this affect you a in a negative way.

Also, I could've sworn you I saw a thread just now where you mentioned you had a bf - obviously he would find you attractive, would he not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Lol what? You feel insecure from one comment your friend said when you were younger? C'mon, it's clear she was joking. Why do you think looking a celeb would make you feel attractive? What if there isn't one that looks like you? You can't let this affect you a in a negative way.

Also, I could've sworn you I saw a thread just now where you mentioned you had a bf - obviously he would find you attractive, would he not?

I know it's stupid and irrational it's just a recurring insecurity I have, but I just wanted advice on how to forget
    Yes I have a boyfriend and regardless of how attractive he says I am I can't believe it if I am not confident so it doesn't help.
    Also it didn't read properly but the comment my friend said was quite recent, sorry about that.

ReputationRep:
    But then again, you could always look like an unattractive person in the media... Looking like someone in the media won't necessarily be a good thing. I'm sure you'd rather be told you look like no celebrity than be told you look like someone funny looking? Even if you think about an attractive female celebrity, they don't all look alike so there's clearly more than one idea of what's attractive?

ReputationRep:
    Not pictures or it didn't happen...I'm not an ******** but...
    can we see...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    Not pictures or it didn't happen...I'm not an ******** but...
    can we see...?
    I have my reservations about posting a picture in case someone recognizes me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lit2010)
    But then again, you could always look like an unattractive person in the media... Looking like someone in the media won't necessarily be a good thing. I'm sure you'd rather be told you look like no celebrity than be told you look like someone funny looking? Even if you think about an attractive female celebrity, they don't all look alike so there's clearly more than one idea of what's attractive?
    This is true, thank you. I suppose this is the only way to look at it

ReputationRep:
    Some people say my mum looks like Susan Boyle.
    She ain't that impressed by that :nope:

ReputationRep:
    What are you even...??
    Just no, infact your uniqueness probably makes you more attractive.
    Why would you just want be a carbon copy of someone else?

ReputationRep:
    No one looks like anyone unless your identical twins -_-

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:)
    What are you even...??
    Just no, infact your uniqueness probably makes you more attractive.
    Why would you just want be a carbon copy someone else?
    I know, I have just been bullied so much for being weird that I want to look normal, I want to be generic. I feel like I am plain looking but I don't see validation of this. If that makes any sense, or does it just sound as stupid as the rest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonsLoveChild)
    I know, I have just been bullied so much for being weird that I want to look normal, I want to be generic. I feel like I am plain looking but I don't see validation of this. If that makes any sense, or does it just sound as stupid as the rest?
    You're not stupid for feeling like you do. I've been bullied for being weird too, how old are you OP? As you grow older I realise that people seem to appreciate me more for not being like everyone else. Nothing is generic, everyone is different. Difference is amazing. I bet you're a brilliant person you just have to embrace yourself even the odd stuff about you. Especially the odd stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:)
    You're not stupid for feeling like you do. I've been bullied for being weird too, how old are you OP? As you grow older I realise that people seem to appreciate me more for not being like everyone else. Nothing is generic, everyone is different. Difference is amazing. I bet you're a brilliant person you just have to embrace yourself even the odd stuff about you. Especially the odd stuff
    I am 17. I know what you mean the friends I have are friends with me because I am odd, just sometimes I wish I could fit in a bit more, it doesn't help that I am from a really small minded county town. Thank you seem like a lovely person!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think not looking like a celebrity is something to lose sleep over..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonsLoveChild)
    I am 17. I know what you mean the friends I have are friends with me because I am odd, just sometimes I wish I could fit in a bit more, it doesn't help that I am from a really small minded county town. Thank you seem like a lovely person!
    I'm 18, nearly 19

I think really...you can't judge yourself by anyone elses standards. It's so easy to compare yourself to celebrities or even your friends. But really you have to think what does that achieve? It's better to be the best version of yourself you can be.
    Ah, I come from London so I'm exposed to alot of different people from different walks of life. It's fine to want to fit in but you shouldn't change yourself to please others. I Learn't that the hard way!
    You seem lovely as well! If you want to chat or anything you're welcome to pop a message on my wall

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.