Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ever played runescape? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm almost 19 now, and back in 2004 and 2005 when my generation was a bunch o' little kids I remember just about everyone was hyped over that old MMO we call Runescape. If I remember correctly, It wasn't one of those games played primarily by dudes because a lot of girls in my school played it aswell. It seems like a past-time for anyone starting uni now and no matter how cool someone is today, I can almost guarantee that they at one point played RS.

So just out of curiosity, did you play it between 2003 and 2007? If not, you might be lost in time.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Loved it because it was so incredibly expansive, just invoked a deep love for adventure and exploration which has recently been stoked by The Hobbit.

Had many, many bad sides though...

ReputationRep:
    No, I didn't. Nor have I since then.

Mind we only moved on from dial-up after 2008.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it seemed very popular back then. Looking back it was an awful waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Yes it seemed very popular back then. Looking back it was an awful waste of time.
    maybe true but a waste of time in childhood always makes the best memories.... or at least that's what I've grown up to philosophize

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I started Playing it from year 8 - year 10.

I got bored eventually out of it and moved on to other things, It seems to be a game that everyone eventually grows out off in time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gijops)
    Well I'm almost 19 now, and back in 2004 and 2005 when my generation was a bunch o' little kids I remember just about everyone was hyped over that old MMO we call Runescape. If I remember correctly, It wasn't one of those games played primarily by dudes because a lot of girls in my school played it aswell. It seems like a past-time for anyone starting uni now and no matter how cool someone is today, I can almost guarantee that they at one point played RS.

So just out of curiosity, did you play it between 2003 and 2007? If not, you might be lost in time.
    Pftt, Still play it! xD

ReputationRep:
    I played it quite a few years ago all I remember was killing chickens :lol: Lots of people loved it at my school.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    It was one of the great games of my childhood, very enjoyable but it had its moments. I botted all my cb levels to 99, stopped playing after my account was hacked though.

ReputationRep:
    I think I was probably actually addicted to RS... I used to play like 6 hours a day or something stupid... literally all my free time after school for like a year was spent mining coal... then on the weekends, I'd sell

No, I never played RS... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Ah i remember the days
    So many stupid players
    Me and my cousin had this awesome trick:gthumb:
    Apparently they killed it with some kind of AH system

ReputationRep:
    It was, amazing. Simples.

Funniest game ever when you had a group of friends playing with you and created some hilarious memories (who knew lecturing someone on how to avoid mine carts and then screaming as I got murdered by one could be so funny :P)

ReputationRep:
    haha yep, I do Animation at Uni now and looking back, it was pretty fun but yes, it was a huge waste of time. The online community there is generally rude haha, but u can have this online persona to just be completely someone else helped me to be confident like the person i am today

ReputationRep:
    Loved that game but it was a complete waste of time in the end. Can't believe how much time I wasted playing it.

Also, why's this in the relationship section? Is there some sort of undying love you have/had for the game?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it was never that great but I remember thinking it was cool when me and my friends swapped some kind of armour...
    Runescape used to be big a big deal though!

ReputationRep:
    Played from 06-12, quit because of EoC.

ReputationRep:
    yeah played it from 2005-2008, good times man

I heard that they brought back wildy and free trading, but some other aspects of the game seems to have deteriorated like castle wars which is a shame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by `Jts)
    Played from 06-12, quit because of EoC.
    whats that about?

ReputationRep:
    I have about 120 days play time on that game and played on and off till early sixth form. I had a lot of fun and learnt a lot about life from the game, but I do find I could have better spend that time doing other things. It brings back a lot of happy memories and is something that I'll never forget. It was pretty much a part of my childhood. Sad really that a game can mean so much, very nostalgic to me :/

ReputationRep:
    Puzzle pirates was where it was at.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.