Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ever played runescape? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    whats that about?
    Evolution of combat - I never experienced it, quit quite a bit before it happened.

ReputationRep:
    i played it for a while when i was really young, but world of warcraft is just leagues ahead of it, i'd never play it now. This sounds unbelievably geeky

ReputationRep:
    I have 60-something days play time and played it on and off between 2005 and 2012 - but permanently quit due to EOC and the fact that none of my friends play it anymore.

For me, the golden age was 2007 - that was when I played it the most - I used to think about playing it while at school then spend virtually all my evening on it.

Good memories though, good memories...

By the way, this is great:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    It was one of the great games of my childhood, very enjoyable but it had its moments. I botted all my cb levels to 99, stopped playing after my account was hacked though.
    Serves you right. People who bot/hack games ruin them for the genuine players. They make it impossible to play properly. It annoys me when playing games like assault cube when people hack, because then I can't play the game properly. It's also the reason I gave up on RS. Because the game is now being filled with cheaters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertWhite)
    I have about 120 days play time on that game and played on and off till early sixth form. I had a lot of fun and learnt a lot about life from the game, but I do find I could have better spend that time doing other things. It brings back a lot of happy memories and is something that I'll never forget. It was pretty much a part of my childhood. Sad really that a game can mean so much, very nostalgic to me :/
    :rofl: Like what?

ReputationRep:
    If you know who Zezima is, you played through the golden era of Runescape

Ah the nostalgia...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yes, some good times and some terrible times.

Overall, I regret having wasted so many years on that game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameritus)
    :rofl: Like what?
    Negotiating, the value of money and how it doesn't equal happiness, how to concentrate at activities for a long time, patience, and it actually gained me marks in a science exam once in how iron and bronze is made!

ReputationRep:
    Played 2005-2007. Very addictive..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gijops)
    Well I'm almost 19 now, and back in 2004 and 2005 when my generation was a bunch o' little kids I remember just about everyone was hyped over that old MMO we call Runescape. If I remember correctly, It wasn't one of those games played primarily by dudes because a lot of girls in my school played it aswell. It seems like a past-time for anyone starting uni now and no matter how cool someone is today, I can almost guarantee that they at one point played RS.

So just out of curiosity, did you play it between 2003 and 2007? If not, you might be lost in time.
    Ohh boy. My generation started playing it in late 2007, I started November 2007 when I was 11 and still play it today. My friends got me into it and shortly quit playing come the spring. I was the only survivor.

But yeah I played it more recently when I lost the ability to play xbox live due to internet problems.

It may also sound really sad but RS is also the reason I'm into rock and metal today. RSMVs were a gateway as well as the Jonas Brothers back in the day...

The only thing that kept me playing was the friends I made online, I'd chill with my real life friends by day, but by night, I was online talking to my online buddies having tones of fun Oh the memories

But still it's not like it was back then and never will be what it was like.

ReputationRep:
    I used to run that game until combat beta.

Maxed turm zerker with 6 99s. :^_^:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Serves you right. People who bot/hack games ruin them for the genuine players. They make it impossible to play properly. It annoys me when playing games like assault cube when people hack, because then I can't play the game properly. It's also the reason I gave up on RS. Because the game is now being filled with cheaters.
    Ahh, we have different views then. I wanted the levels, but they took me too long and I'd just get bored of training them. It was certainly a lot easier than clicking the same button for hours on end. I struggled to make money in the game. In the end I got given millions by mates for free. I hardly think I made it impossible for others to play. I'm sure you wouldn't moan if you could access the bots and get levels whilst doing something else :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember vids like these that would come up on the front page when you typed 'Runescape' on Youtube?

Aha...old Runescape theme...1:13 onwards brings so many memories :sad:

This is making me reminisce about all the good times I had clicking away at pixels..

ReputationRep:
    I had like 300m and combat level 130, mind you I did both a lot of it but meh.

ReputationRep:
    I have some absolutely brilliant memories with that game. When I started out the community was the best thing about the game. People would help you out with anything you didn't understand, if you were short of money to get through that toll gate into the desert someone would give you enough, if you died accidently people would just pick up your items and wait for you to return. It was great, there was some truly nice people on there. I quit a few years ago when I got bored of the ridiculous updates and influx of immature ********s). Logged back in a few weeks ago and jesus christ, it's awful. Nothing but horrible, *****y bickering over nothing. It's a totally different game to what it used to be. Very glad I quit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sha_15)
    I had like 300m and combat level 130, mind you I did both a lot of it but meh.
    Yes brah.

big up powerbot + rsbots.net

ReputationRep:
    I played Runescape from about '03 to '05, then moved to World of Warcraft when it launched. Played that for seven years until I quit it to play Guild Wars 2.

Of course I have a social life. What are you saying...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    Yes brah.

big up powerbot + rsbots.net
    I used Epicbot, Rsbuddy and SImba
    Powerbot just hacks everyone

ReputationRep:
    Nostalgia - that's one word to sum it up, embarrassed at the fact I was worth over 6B at one point .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sha_15)
    I used Epicbot, Rsbuddy and SImba
    Powerbot just hacks everyone
    That's where my odd 50M+ from nature botting went

You buy iDung?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.