Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes I played it... toooooo much..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gijops)
    Well I'm almost 19 now, and back in 2004 and 2005 when my generation was a bunch o' little kids I remember just about everyone was hyped over that old MMO we call Runescape. If I remember correctly, It wasn't one of those games played primarily by dudes because a lot of girls in my school played it aswell. It seems like a past-time for anyone starting uni now and no matter how cool someone is today, I can almost guarantee that they at one point played RS.

So just out of curiosity, did you play it between 2003 and 2007? If not, you might be lost in time.
    Uh, yes? very on and off since 2005 till now really, stopped for a couple years then went to uni, me and a mate were the only ones left in halls for a night and started talking about games etc, turns out we both played it and had good accounts! ended up playing for a year was jokes and hes now one of my closest friends! i like to think RS had something to do with it haha

EOC made us both quit though, what an awful update

ReputationRep:
    It helped me in my year 6 SATs! I did not know what animal hides were prior to playing the game. Also, it improves some trivial general knowledge such as the main constituents of bronze are tin and copper. It was very fun.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Firstly getting a bot isn't difficult in the slightest.

Secondly you do 2 things in runescape:
    You **** the economy up.
    You **** up other peoples ability to gather resources.

And thirdly if it's other games, you interfere in a negative fashion with other peoples ability to get resources, survive, or up their stats, in an illegitimate manner.
    I don't think I single-handedly done all that by myself, I was just a school kid who wanted to play the game with top skills. I wouldn't use a bot nowadays, it would take away all the fun I understand if what I done caused you to get upset, do you forgive an old-timer?

Little did you know, every bot comes with spyware and a keylogger, so that's why you got hacked. While I'm sorry for your loss, botting is against the rules and I am hereby sentencing you to 5 minutes in time-out. :mad:
    Ahh, little did I know. I got my account back, and still got loads of stuff but I got bored. Do I still have to sit in time-out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    I don't think I single-handedly done all that by myself, I was just a school kid who wanted to play the game with top skills. I wouldn't use a bot nowadays, it would take away all the fun I understand if what I done caused you to get upset, do you forgive an old-timer?

Ahh, little did I know. I got my account back, and still got loads of stuff but I got bored. Do I still have to sit in time-out?
    No. Not until you start a charity aimed at stopping people from wrecking the games for others.

When you do that then message me and show me proof. Until then, you are dead to me.

Edit: And no, no I'm not posting these completely over the top reactions because I'm bored waiting for my files to extract. That's a ludicrous accusation to even think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Yh I was level 138 (200 now I believe), quit it a while ago, was fun while it lasted. But was a serious waste of time.
    What happened to the level 126 max?? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaal_Chawal)
    I've heard of them, probably cos I used to browse RSC a lot. The main pure clan was Mayhem Makers right?
    Yeah they were #1. Along with Foe and then Fi.

ReputationRep:
    Great, so when I mine a **** load of mithril or adamant and then the prices suddenly drop to rock bottom, my hard work gets ****ed by some lazy ass mother ****er who spends about 5 minutes setting up a bot and stuffing his or her face with crisps.
    Make the ****ing effort of hopping from world to world, not camping in W2 thinking you'd leave with a good load.

I do feel for legit players in the sence that Jagex did **** all to protect yo asses. Only as of recent has action been effectively taken, but that has hurt Fagex's total revenue due to the sharp fall in the demand of runescape memberships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexgadgetman)
    They brought out summoning which added an extra 12 combat levels. And now they have a ****ty update which completely changed the combat system and now you can be lvl 200.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm almost 19 now, and back in 2004 and 2005 when my generation was a bunch o' little kids I remember just about everyone was hyped over that old MMO we call Runescape. If I remember correctly, It wasn't one of those games played primarily by dudes because a lot of girls in my school played it aswell. It seems like a past-time for anyone starting uni now and no matter how cool someone is today, I can almost guarantee that they at one point played RS.

So just out of curiosity, did you play it between 2003 and 2007? If not, you might be lost in time.
    Started in '05 and I'm still playing...literally... I'm on it as I type this.... QBD up in this B*** yo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    Make the ****ing effort of hopping from world to world, not camping in W2 thinking you'd leave with a good load.

I do feel for legit players in the sence that Jagex did **** all to protect yo asses. Only as of recent has action been effectively taken, but that has hurt Fagex's total revenue due to the sharp fall in the demand of runescape memberships.
    You don't get it.
    Firstly you of course world hop, but that does little to actually let you play the game because bots are on every world.

Secondly you collect load of the resources only to go to the ge and find that their prices have fallen loads. And are still falling. You want money to do whatever, and you can't, because the prices you were going to get and would still be able to get had bots not existed, are now something you can't get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexgadgetman)
    Went from 126 => 138 after summoning got released.

Now they reworked everything after Evolution of crappy combat, so new max is 200 :-)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    No. Not until you start a charity aimed at stopping people from wrecking the games for others.

When you do that then message me and show me proof. Until then, you are dead to me.

Edit: And no, no I'm not posting these completely over the top reactions because I'm bored waiting for my files to extract. That's a ludicrous accusation to even think.
    Oh... Ok... I shall start that right away, thank you for the inspiration! And yes of course, who would do such a thing this day and age :mad:

(Original post by `Jts)
    They brought out summoning which added an extra 12 combat levels. And now they have a ****ty update which completely changed the combat system and now you can be lvl 200.
    Really!?! That does sound a bit ridiculous, I might have to pay the game a visit... The game will never be as good as it once was.

ReputationRep:
    RS is a both a great and terrible game for young people...
    It mimics real life in many ways, especially if you are a merchant, almost like a beginners guide to the real world economy and I learnt many other things, like I'd never heard of a furnace before I started playing (I was about 12).

Bad side is the addiction, I only quit playing because I lost 1.6 billion 2 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Really!?! That does sound a bit ridiculous, I might have to pay the game a visit... The game will never be as good as it once was.
    I miss the old RS. It's a completely different game now.

ReputationRep:
    Started in 2006 near Easter (just missed that Easter Ring from the event!). I've played since roughly 2010, then it was more of the 'odd time' playing rather than constant.

Great game, though. I loved every second of it.

ReputationRep:
    You don't get it.
    Firstly you of course world hop, but that does little to actually let you play the game because bots are on every world.

Secondly you collect load of the resources only to go to the ge and find that their prices have fallen loads. And are still falling. You want money to do whatever, and you can't, because the prices you were going to get and would still be able to get had bots not existed, are now something you can't get.
    I certainly do get it.
    All in all complaining to individual botters isn't of much significance. It is more so Jagex's fault for allowing it to happen when it could of clearly been prevented from happening on a very large scale, seeing as Jagex is like the most finanically powerful game developer in the UK.

I don't know why you seem to be so fond of "mining mithril/admantite", whether or not this is your idea of fun on runescape or making e-ends meet.

ReputationRep:

well it finished almost half an hour ago so no, and thanks for facing your punishment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    I certainly do get it.
    All in all complaining to individual botters isn't of much significance. It is more so Jagex's fault for allowing it to happen when it could of clearly been prevented from happening on a very large scale, seeing as Jagex is like the most finanically powerful game developer in the UK.

I don't know why you seem to be so fond of "mining mithril/admantite", whether or not this is your idea of fun on runescape or making e-ends meet.
    It's simply an example.

ReputationRep:
    Still am playing it! Sort of... I sit in lobby these days and really ought to get 120 Dungeoneering (118 at present). Comp cape tho... beh.

University is where my time is now. :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.