Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I remember playing this :moon: I think it was around the years 2004-2005 :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Yup, my name was Doctor Cox and i had another character who was level 18 in dragon armour, haven't played in years, it went down hill after andrew gowyer let the american investors in.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I remember this game .... it nearly ruined my child hood....

Too bad they messed the game up big time now, it's just a complete mess since they tried to stop all them gold farmers.

ReputationRep:
    I've been on and off it for 8 years now. I'm still a member - I logged on a couple of days ago and EoC seemed cool but confused me greatly. Whether it's good or bad, the massive drop in online players in each world after the update is quite funny.

Agree about the gold farming: SoF pisses me off so much. Fish mask, now tree hat...argh. No, Jagex, I'm not willing to buy extra spins and I've never been rich enough in-game to take advantage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaal_Chawal)
    Who remembers the 'Falador massacre'?
    it happened on 6/6/6 as well, legendary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    it happened on 6/6/6 as well, legendary
    That's like the 9/11 of runescape lol, everyone remembers where they were on that day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gijops)
    That's like the 9/11 of runescape lol, everyone remembers where they were on that day.
    Hahaha great analogy. There are even mournful music videos on YouTube.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathhead)
    Hahaha great analogy. There are even mournful music videos on YouTube.

What an epic video.

Going with the 9/11 analogy, I hear a rumour that Durial321 wasn't really behind it. It was in fact orchestrated by Jagex so they could justify their War on Bots...

Too bad Jagex have finally put the final nail in Runescape's coffin with Evolution of Combat. Oh well, the glory days were long ago...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I used to play it all the time. After years of addiction, I finally managed to quit. Then I became addicted to TSR.

(Original post by Dhaal_Chawal)
    Who remembers the 'Falador massacre'?
    I think I missed that. What was it? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoGo HoPz)
    Yeah, I used to play it all the time. After years of addiction, I finally managed to quit. Then I became addicted to TSR.

I think I missed that. What was it? :curious:
    http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Falador_Massacre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKlns62w1A

ReputationRep:
    Used to love this game, after 2007 it went to shambles! Good times :')
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I was a member for a while, got my membership for my thirteenth or fourteenth birthday present. Started in 04 I think, 05 at the very latest.

EDIT: got membership the week after the Fally massacre in June 06, so seven years ago from now....would have had to have been my thirteenth birthday.

EDIT2: Christ....seven and a half years ago :O does not feel that long at all.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Zezima was the Obama of that game.

ReputationRep:
    Used to play this a lot from '05, community was great back in the day and had some great times...

Last 3 years so so been so crap all I really did was clan wars tbh, was still some community spirit there and became pretty much a clw god eventually :3 ...

But yeah, EOC was too much, havent played since

ReputationRep:
    I played about 6/7 years ago, I still remember my username and password as well

Haven't been on in years, I really loved those holiday events that they did.

Ahh those were the days :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dpdr)
    Zezima was the Obama of that game.
    I know right, but from what I heard he hasn't been top player in a long time, I think since 2008 but that's when most of us stopped playing

ReputationRep:
    I know right, but from what I heard he hasn't been top player in a long time, I think since 2008 but that's when most of us stopped playing
    Yeah he was overtaken by SUOMI, but now both Zezima and SUOMI have quit due to the game having gone downhill so much.

(Original post by iLoveRobSwire<3)
    Haven't been on in years, I really loved those holiday events that they did.
    The best Holiday Event was the Easter 2006 one - the one where you got the ring which turned you into an egg.

So many good memories. Alas, I never achieved my goal of getting the Quest Cape...

ReputationRep:
    2002 - 2010.

The years of Runescape for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acroamathematics)
    2002 - 2010.

The years of Runescape for me.
    cheezus, ur a veteran. did you get a Santa hat from Christmas '02?

ReputationRep:
    cheezus, ur a veteran. did you get a Santa hat from Christmas '02?
    Nope, however I did have a green and red halloween mask which I bought for 500K a few months later!

Unfortunately, those days are gone. I was level 132/133 when I eventually gave my account to someone for a few maths books. >.>

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.