Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will my driving examiner ask me to pull up on a hill? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    There's no real method however, I just use a certain point when my wing mirrors cuts into the pavement as a guideline.
    I think I'm going to get him to teach me on one full lesson until I get it right. That's the only way I'll learn and it's the only thing I need to learn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    I think I'm going to get him to teach me on one full lesson until I get it right. That's the only way I'll learn and it's the only thing I need to learn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Strange that you've mastered everything else, yet you struggle with one of the simplest things.

ReputationRep:
    This link is worth reading as it explains reasonably well how to achieve what you want to. I don't necessarily agree with everything that is written but if you follow it you won't go far wrong. (Shame that the author doesn't know the difference between 'curb' and 'kerb'...oh well. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma-Ashley)
    (Shame that the author doesn't know the difference between 'curb' and 'kerb'...oh well. :confused:
    I think 'curb' is American while 'kerb' is British. I think the article is more or less the same as a British equivalent would be, otherwise (in terms of its content).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    Brilliant! Is there any shame in passing second time? I have a feeling that'll be me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, two or three times is pretty common.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Discombobulate)
    Nah, two or three times is pretty common.
    Thanks, I'm always like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dagnabbit)
    I think 'curb' is American while 'kerb' is British. I think the article is more or less the same as a British equivalent would be, otherwise (in terms of its content).
    Thanks for helping me sort out this ****.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.