Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been offered places at 4 of my 5 chosen courses. However, I have a problem. The university I would ideally like to go to has given me a lower offer than the university I would like to put as my second choice. Therefore, I'm not sure which to put as my insurance choice as my only choice with lower grades would have been my fifth choice. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    bump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That is a tricky one, if you dn't mind me asking what uni's are they and is it for a competitive course? You should still be able to put it down as second if you think your likley to get those grades but it really depends

ReputationRep:
    I had this problem. Where my 1st choice offer got lowered. And all the rest were higher. You should just put your 1st choice the want u want and make sure u get the results. Tell your school that your set on going to no.1 and the rest are just a formaility, if u dont get no.1 u will reapply next year... then work hard make sure u get no.1 ... gd luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You could put your first choice down as yor firm and your second as your insurance, even if the insurance offer is higher. It doesn't happen much, but there have web ocassionally where people have been accepted into the higher insurance even though they missed the lower firm offer. It's slightly better than sitting with a firm and no insurance at all.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You need to ignore grades - they're just a form of marketing. Put the uni you most want to go to as your firm, and your second favourite as your insurance.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.