Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if this is possible? Probably gonna firm Liverpool, but the one thing putting me off is the catered accommodation. Anyone know if it's possible to stay in LJMU? and what the process would be. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    There is self catered accommodation available at the University of Liverpool. Why would you want to stay in LJMU accodmmodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaker1903)
    Anyone know if this is possible? Probably gonna firm Liverpool, but the one thing putting me off is the catered accommodation. Anyone know if it's possible to stay in LJMU? and what the process would be. Cheers.
    It is possible, all of JMU's halls are private halls (run by the likes of Unite, Liberty etc), so yep, but you should be put in a flat with UoL students. I stayed in Liberty Park (just up the hill from the campus), which was 75% JMU, 25% UoL students.

However, as said Callumhamby says, there are self-catering halls on the campus which were alright halls (http://www.liv.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/self-catered/)

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMed)
    It is possible, all of JMU's halls are private halls (run by the likes of Unite, Liberty etc), so yep, but you should be put in a flat with UoL students. I stayed in Liberty Park (just up the hill from the campus), which was 75% JMU, 25% UoL students.

However, as said Callumhamby says, there are self-catering halls on the campus which were alright halls (http://www.liv.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/self-catered/)

Hope that helps
    Yeah great cheers, I know but apparently, they are in really high demand, and post-grad's get priority. I'll check out that Liberty Park. Was the social aspect alright?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaker1903)
    Yeah great cheers, I know but apparently, they are in really high demand, and post-grad's get priority. I'll check out that Liberty Park. Was the social aspect alright?
    It was pretty good for the first few weeks (we had a few flat parties etc.), but after that I tended to go out with mates from my department, as I spent most of my time with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMed)
    It was pretty good for the first few weeks (we had a few flat parties etc.), but after that I tended to go out with mates from my department, as I spent most of my time with them.
    Sweet, cheers pal - appreciate it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.