The Student Room Group

How do you park next to the kerb? (Pull up next to this kerb)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TCGTi
Yeah I really hope so, had around 8 months of driving so glad I'm ready. Yeah definitely much cheaper under parent's name, what car you getting the insurance on mate?

Ah good, it took me about 3 months of lessons altogether with about 20 minutes of driving my dads car on the beach last year. I'm getting insured on mum's car which is a Nissan Note.. not exactly the coolest car around but it's alright!
Reply 21
Original post by Liammm
Ah good, it took me about 3 months of lessons altogether with about 20 minutes of driving my dads car on the beach last year. I'm getting insured on mum's car which is a Nissan Note.. not exactly the coolest car around but it's alright!

That's good progress to pass first time! Awk a car's a car. I want to get a wee Renault Clio. Cheap but it gets from A to B.
i line my body up with the nose of the car i'm parking behind, then i reverse until my car's bumper is in line with the other cars bumper. Then i turn the wheel 360 degrees to the left, and reverse back until i get to the kerb, then turn my wheel right until full lock, this works for me.

it's more simple than it sounds written down :L
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by TCGTi
That's good progress to pass first time! Awk a car's a car. I want to get a wee Renault Clio. Cheap but it gets from A to B.

A Clio isn't a bad wee car, my friend has one and it's all right. I don't see the point in getting myself a car since I'm hopefully going to uni this year anyway.
Reply 24
I have a chauffeur so I don't know.
Use a reference inside the car to judge, e.g when I was learning I knew that the centre console had a design line that matches up to the curb, after a while it becomes second nature

💷Certified 💷
Reply 26
Original post by deedee123
i line my body up with the nose of the car i'm parking behind, then i reverse until my car's bumper is in line with the other cars bumper. Then i turn the wheel 360 degrees to the left, and reverse back until i get to the kerb, then turn my wheel right until full lock, this works for me.

it's more simple than it sounds written down :L

Unfortunately you're thinking of parallel parking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Liammm
A Clio isn't a bad wee car, my friend has one and it's all right. I don't see the point in getting myself a car since I'm hopefully going to uni this year anyway.

That's true. Yeah I'm going to Uni this year too! Got all 5 Uni offers:smile: applied for Computer Science, yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by StudentNeedingHelp
Use a reference inside the car to judge, e.g when I was learning I knew that the centre console had a design line that matches up to the curb, after a while it becomes second nature

💷Certified 💷

I'll ask my instructor to provide me one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TCGTi
Unfortunately you're thinking of parallel parking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i see what you mean now :tongue: i've never been taught any specific method of pulling up, do you keep hitting the kerb or something?
Reply 30
Original post by deedee123
i see what you mean now :tongue: i've never been taught any specific method of pulling up, do you keep hitting the kerb or something?

Sometimes I keep hitting it or park to wide from it. Which would be an instant fail on my actual test :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending