Turn on thread page Beta

How do you park next to the kerb? (Pull up next to this kerb) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    Yeah I really hope so, had around 8 months of driving so glad I'm ready. Yeah definitely much cheaper under parent's name, what car you getting the insurance on mate?
    Ah good, it took me about 3 months of lessons altogether with about 20 minutes of driving my dads car on the beach last year. I'm getting insured on mum's car which is a Nissan Note.. not exactly the coolest car around but it's alright!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liammm)
    Ah good, it took me about 3 months of lessons altogether with about 20 minutes of driving my dads car on the beach last year. I'm getting insured on mum's car which is a Nissan Note.. not exactly the coolest car around but it's alright!
    That's good progress to pass first time! Awk a car's a car. I want to get a wee Renault Clio. Cheap but it gets from A to B.

ReputationRep:
    i line my body up with the nose of the car i'm parking behind, then i reverse until my car's bumper is in line with the other cars bumper. Then i turn the wheel 360 degrees to the left, and reverse back until i get to the kerb, then turn my wheel right until full lock, this works for me.

it's more simple than it sounds written down :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    That's good progress to pass first time! Awk a car's a car. I want to get a wee Renault Clio. Cheap but it gets from A to B.
    A Clio isn't a bad wee car, my friend has one and it's all right. I don't see the point in getting myself a car since I'm hopefully going to uni this year anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I have a chauffeur so I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Use a reference inside the car to judge, e.g when I was learning I knew that the centre console had a design line that matches up to the curb, after a while it becomes second nature

💷Certified 💷

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    i line my body up with the nose of the car i'm parking behind, then i reverse until my car's bumper is in line with the other cars bumper. Then i turn the wheel 360 degrees to the left, and reverse back until i get to the kerb, then turn my wheel right until full lock, this works for me.

it's more simple than it sounds written down :L
    Unfortunately you're thinking of parallel parking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liammm)
    A Clio isn't a bad wee car, my friend has one and it's all right. I don't see the point in getting myself a car since I'm hopefully going to uni this year anyway.
    That's true. Yeah I'm going to Uni this year too! Got all 5 Uni offers applied for Computer Science, yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentNeedingHelp)
    Use a reference inside the car to judge, e.g when I was learning I knew that the centre console had a design line that matches up to the curb, after a while it becomes second nature

💷Certified 💷
    I'll ask my instructor to provide me one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    Unfortunately you're thinking of parallel parking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i see what you mean now i've never been taught any specific method of pulling up, do you keep hitting the kerb or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    i see what you mean now i've never been taught any specific method of pulling up, do you keep hitting the kerb or something?
    Sometimes I keep hitting it or park to wide from it. Which would be an instant fail on my actual test

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.