Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you park next to the kerb? (Pull up next to this kerb) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    Yeah I really hope so, had around 8 months of driving so glad I'm ready. Yeah definitely much cheaper under parent's name, what car you getting the insurance on mate?
    Ah good, it took me about 3 months of lessons altogether with about 20 minutes of driving my dads car on the beach last year. I'm getting insured on mum's car which is a Nissan Note.. not exactly the coolest car around but it's alright!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liammm)
    Ah good, it took me about 3 months of lessons altogether with about 20 minutes of driving my dads car on the beach last year. I'm getting insured on mum's car which is a Nissan Note.. not exactly the coolest car around but it's alright!
    That's good progress to pass first time! Awk a car's a car. I want to get a wee Renault Clio. Cheap but it gets from A to B.

ReputationRep:
    i line my body up with the nose of the car i'm parking behind, then i reverse until my car's bumper is in line with the other cars bumper. Then i turn the wheel 360 degrees to the left, and reverse back until i get to the kerb, then turn my wheel right until full lock, this works for me.

it's more simple than it sounds written down :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    That's good progress to pass first time! Awk a car's a car. I want to get a wee Renault Clio. Cheap but it gets from A to B.
    A Clio isn't a bad wee car, my friend has one and it's all right. I don't see the point in getting myself a car since I'm hopefully going to uni this year anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I have a chauffeur so I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Use a reference inside the car to judge, e.g when I was learning I knew that the centre console had a design line that matches up to the curb, after a while it becomes second nature

💷Certified 💷

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    i line my body up with the nose of the car i'm parking behind, then i reverse until my car's bumper is in line with the other cars bumper. Then i turn the wheel 360 degrees to the left, and reverse back until i get to the kerb, then turn my wheel right until full lock, this works for me.

it's more simple than it sounds written down :L
    Unfortunately you're thinking of parallel parking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liammm)
    A Clio isn't a bad wee car, my friend has one and it's all right. I don't see the point in getting myself a car since I'm hopefully going to uni this year anyway.
    That's true. Yeah I'm going to Uni this year too! Got all 5 Uni offers applied for Computer Science, yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentNeedingHelp)
    Use a reference inside the car to judge, e.g when I was learning I knew that the centre console had a design line that matches up to the curb, after a while it becomes second nature

💷Certified 💷
    I'll ask my instructor to provide me one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    Unfortunately you're thinking of parallel parking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i see what you mean now i've never been taught any specific method of pulling up, do you keep hitting the kerb or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    i see what you mean now i've never been taught any specific method of pulling up, do you keep hitting the kerb or something?
    Sometimes I keep hitting it or park to wide from it. Which would be an instant fail on my actual test

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.