Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why didn't she use the religious excuse? Watch

She's a Muslim, and she has rejected a non-religious guy.

It seems she was honest with the guy by giving a clear answer that she didn't want a relationship with him; but if she was indeed honest, why didn't she just tell the truth that she's a Muslim? - even some 'dishonest' girls use such religious excuses.

Is that because she was not interested in that guy at all, and afraid the guy would say "i don't mind" when knowing she's a Muslim?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because she's just full on not interested and wanted to be honest, rather than blaming it on something else?

ReputationRep:
    Religion can be a very personal thing and not everyone feels like discussing it openly with other people, especially if those people aren't from the same religion as you.

ReputationRep:
    We will never know why she rejected you OP. All we can do is speculate with maybe[s].

Just forget it and move on.

ReputationRep:
    What's it to you? Are you the guy she rejected?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry

I must've missed the part where the fact she rejected you implies that it was because of her religion and you know, not any other reasons...

Spoiler:
    Show
    like the fact that you can't grow a pair and take it on the chin

ReputationRep:
    I take it you were the guy? Her religion is probably really personal to her and she didn't want to bring it in as usually some people don't understand unless their the same religion. Or she's just embarrassed and ashamed to be a Muslim and doesn't feel comfortable admitting that she can't be in a relationship with the person because of religion. But its very likely that it could be down to the fact she really wasn't interested in you and your probably reading into this way more than you should be. Unless you really liked her, move on OP!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.