Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not feeling confident after passing driving test Watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel exactly like this. I passed a month ago, but I got my car just over a week ago. I can only drive with my bf in the car...and even then I'm scared to do big roundabouts. To get to work I either have to go on the motorway (which I've never ever done but this is the easiest and quickest route to get around) or I go the other way with lots of huge roundabouts..I've been catching the bus lol. My bus pass runs out the 16th so I'm giving myself til then to get my ass in to gear. The thing that terrifies me the most is my lane discipline and other drivers, they have no patience and I get shaky. I feel as though I shouldn't have passed like it must've been a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

The only advice is i can give is persevere. I use to make myself go places even though I did not need too. Have you tried commentary driving? I found it helped s lot, it will get better.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. I passed my test a month ago and bough a car just over a week ago. Similar problems here to others and really feel like I can't drive! Not sure how I passed because I have no idea what Lane I need to be in in busy areas or what exit I need to take especially at big junctions and roundabouts. Learnt in a diesel Ford Focus and now driving a 1 litre Peugeot 107 which I hate. It's revving off the scale and I know it's my fault but it's so much harder and noisier to drive than the focus. Had some motorway lessons but still using my instructors car but I'm still making mistakes in that - I drove in a bus lane today and haven't got a clue what I'm doing at the huge roundabouts when you come off the motorway. Any advice ? I'm too scared to drive my car

ReputationRep:
    Hey bogglesbury.

I'm still making mistakes and I've been driving for a few months now, even experienced drivers make mistakes. As I've said before, have you tried commentary driving? I find it helps alot, you don't have time to panic or stress as you are talking to your self about what you are doing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.