Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What trousers do guys tend to wear in clubs Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I dislike chinos and jeans are a bit too trashy(I'd wear them to some clubs but not some of the more upmarket ones), any suggestions would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bronco2012)
    Basically I dislike chinos and jeans are a bit too trashy(I'd wear them to some clubs but not some of the more upmarket ones), any suggestions would be much appreciated
    Other than combats or a suit, you're out of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Guys dont really have that many options for trousers. You could dress jeans up by pairing it with nice shirts, and choosing lightly waxed jeans / well made ones over distressed ones. Otherwise go for cord trousers

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed most guys in clubs wear jeans, it's not really a big priority to dress up for them like it is for girls

ReputationRep:
    Cords or moleskins, perhaps? They're not really clubbing material though

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Leggings.

ReputationRep:
    I wear skinny jeans with shirts a lot if you're looking to smarten up your look. Otherwise you'll have to don the suit or some smarter chinos e.g. Savile Row Co. ones rather than ones from Topman which are very casual

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what else I'm wearing. If it's a night out in Newcastle, I'll just chuck some jeans on with a t shirt or shirt and my trainers. If it's for dinner, then shoes, shirt and trousers. Anything more than that and it's a suit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Menschlich)
    There are more types of trousers than just jeans and chinos.
    Obviously he knows that, that's why he's asking..

ReputationRep:
    Just wear dark jeans. Jeans always have been (since the 60s anyway) and always will be the coolest trousers.

Cords, linen trousers, chinos etc are fine for the daytime but not out clubbing. You could wear black wool or acrylic trousers but you would just look like you'd come straight from the office.

ReputationRep:
    So jeans are smart enough even for more expensive nightspots?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, in my opinion. It's just a casual look.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bronco2012)
    So jeans are smart enough even for more expensive nightspots?
    Dark jeans with a smart looking shirt will get you in almost any club.

ReputationRep:
    Ralph Or Billionaire Boys Club Jeans.....Popped A Molly Im Sweating Woooo

ReputationRep:
    Nothing but straight up velvet shorts.

ReputationRep:
    Jeans are too trashy? Pretty much every guy on a night out wears jeans. Well, nowadays there might be almost as many people wearing chinos if you're going to a club filled with mostly students. But I go for jeans every time.

ReputationRep:
    Used to go with jeans but now I prefer Superdry chinos

ReputationRep:
    personally... suit trousers is just too much for guys :/

but dark jeans would work as they look smarter than ripped/lighter/bleached jeans!

'dress up' with a smartish t-shirt or perhaps a casual top - like a holister shirt or something.. just examples

i've always thought it was really difficult for guys and what they should wear to clubs too! like what shoes do you guys wear?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I always rock the black skinny jeans with a colorful shirt. Make sure they are black black and slightly strechy too
    (manz goottaaa be able to throw his moves with ease ya kno' ), I like cheap monday or levi's the most uniqlo are also good

ReputationRep:
    tweed trousers. for those times when you're too good for trashy jeans or chinos.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.