Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    From this why is business studies so hard to do well in compared to other subjects, would this mean I am better off taking further mathematics?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because those stats are probably based on what people get in the subjects and the majority of people taking F. Maths will be a lot more serious and hardworking about taking the subject compared to the people taking business studies. I did business studies AS in year 10, along with about 15 other people, and we did better than most of the lower 6th taking the same exams.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack0213123)
    From this why is business studies so hard to do well in compared to other subjects, would this mean I am better off taking further mathematics?
    No, it's because of the students who take the subject. The only people who take FM are those who are really good at Maths, whereas loads of people take Business Studies, generally only those who didn't want to take Economics.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Business Studies, and frankly, I find to be the hardest subject I do (I'm doing Bio, Chem, Maths and Business). I understand the content but I seriously suck at long 18 mark questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EstebanK0)
    I'm doing Business Studies, and frankly, I find to be the hardest subject I do (I'm doing Bio, Chem, Maths and Business). I understand the content but I seriously suck at long 18 mark questions.
    I so agree with you on that!

ReputationRep:
    I got 4 days to revise for business and 10 days to revise for economics. its AS unit 1 for both.

Can I do it? Im prepared to start NOW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow-X)
    I got 4 days to revise for business and 10 days to revise for economics. its AS unit 1 for both.

Can I do it? Im prepared to start NOW.
    What exam board, private message me if you want as I might be able to help out if its AQA?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, good luck with A2 then, cos you'll have 40 mark questions to answer! Haha sorry :console:

ReputationRep:
    What exam board, private message me if you want as I might be able to help out if its AQA?
    edexcel, thanks for the help anyway.

ReputationRep:
    edexcel, thanks for the help anyway.
    I know a bit about edexcel, what's your situation like do you need to learn from scratch or do you get a bit of it, what are your textbooks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilie18)
    Ooh, good luck with A2 then, cos you'll have 40 mark questions to answer! Haha sorry :console:
    I'm doing A2. I got a B in Unit 1 and a D in Unit 2 which I'm retaking.

ReputationRep:
    Did you revise much, what textbook? Is A2 hard by the way in relation to your other subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaliyah<31D)
    are you doing unit 1 investigating people at work- edexcel?
    im doing business - developing new business ideas

and economics - competittive markets.

ReputationRep:
    im doing business - developing new business ideas

and economics - competittive markets.

ahh ashame , but i'm doing applied business and i have the exam on the 9th. tbh i have not really revised as good as i should. totally ganna fail

but good luck with your exams.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, okay - don't you have to answer 40 mark questions then...? I just assumed you were taking AS when you said you found the 18 markers hard, sorry

Good luck with the re-take!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilie18)
    Oh, okay - don't you have to answer 40 mark questions then...? I just assumed you were taking AS when you said you found the 18 markers hard, sorry

Good luck with the re-take!
    I've done some past papers for Unit 3 and haven't seen any 40 markers. Highest on there is 16/18 markers. There may be 40 markers in unit 4 perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    I've done some past papers for Unit 3 and haven't seen any 40 markers. Highest on there is 16/18 markers. There may be 40 markers in unit 4 perhaps.
    Yeah there are 40 markers in unit 4. Good luck, BUSS4 is an absolute ***** :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone taking aqa buss 2 or aqa buss 3? If so, is the specification the same as last year or has anything changed on the paper?

ReputationRep:
    agreed i find business the hardest and maths the easiest

ReputationRep:
    I need help!! :confused::confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.