Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Drunken "mistake" by girlfriend Watch

ReputationRep:
    People only do these things when they are drunk, because they want to make the excuse that they were drinking but when someone is drunk they do what they really want because they think they can get away with it because they are drunk.

I advise you to stop the relationship there are millions of girls and she's not the only one in the world!

Damn I used the word drunk too many times!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Drunk is never an excuse. From someone who's been black out drunk before. Take it from me - You'd be surprised how much control you have when drunk (obviously not motor control but I'd doubt she just fell onto his mouth).

If you blame you're actions on alcohol and think that makes it okay then that makes you a very irresponsible prick.

ReputationRep:
    Although she technically cheated on you, it was just a kiss. Surely you could make up with her and work it out together, I suppose it could have been a lot worse, had she had sex with him and she was drunk. I think the best thing to do is talk to her about it and tell her how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron9890)
    Although she technically cheated on you, it was just a kiss. Surely you could make up with her and work it out together, I suppose it could have been a lot worse, had she had sex with him and she was drunk. I think the best thing to do is talk to her about it and tell her how you feel.
    Are you kidding just a kiss?? Looks like someone else is going balls deep
    In her and she sloped at the party!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I know I'm going to get massively negged for this, but oh well, something similar happened with me and my boyfriend. I kissed another guy whilst drunk at a party (no excuse really, I don't blame the alcohol, I think we were just having a few problems and I was quite naive and did something stupid without thinking) and I told him about a couple of days later - I should've told him straight away but didn't know how to say it, I felt so stupid. He said the same to me as what you said, that he should break up with me because of his principles and that's what he'd tell anyone else to do in this situation but that he didn't want to throw away our whole relationship over something like this. I've never regretted anything so much in my life and I fully expected him to break up with me, I deserved it. But he decided to give me a second chance and I can honestly say I'll never ever do anything like that again, the idea of losing him over a stupid mistake which really didn't mean anything (I had no feelings for the other guy at all, I have no idea why I did it really) was ridiculous, it really made me get a proper perspective on what the relationship meant to me. I'm so glad he gave me another chance because things are better than ever at the moment.

Obviously I'm not saying you should definitely give her a second chance and that she definitely won't cheat again, but people do make mistakes, I guess it's down to you to judge how genuine she is about being sorry and how much of a chance there is of you guys moving past it. There's always the chance you could forgive her and then she goes and cheats again, it's down to whether you want to take that risk, based on how much you value your principles and how possible you think it is that the relationship can recover from this, and that's a decision only you can make, not people you ask online... If my boyfriend had listened to his mates I'd have been dumped on the spot, which obviously I couldn't complain about as I completely would have deserved it, but things are so amazing between us right now it would've been a real shame. But obviously that's just my experience and it'd be perfectly understandable if you chose to break up with her.

Guess I just wanted to post to tell you to evaluate the situation yourself and not just dump her because some people on a forum told you it was the right thing to do, it's down to you really. Good luck with it all :/

ReputationRep:
    It depends if you think you can trust her again or if your trust is broken for good. If you really love her, then I would say give it another go and see if it works. If after a while it becomes obvious things won't be the same again, then dump her.

ReputationRep:
    I'd let it slide... it was a drunken kiss nothing more she could have done a lot worse in which case dump her in a flash but hey thats just my advice.

ReputationRep:
    Call me old fashioned but I'd dump that ****.

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on perspective. It's tradition to give someone a kiss when the clock hits midnight on New Year, but if she was seriously going at this dude like a dog at hot chips, then that's different.

ReputationRep:
    sloots gon sloot

ReputationRep:
    Be a man and dump the sloot... there's 3 billion girls, find one that isnt a cheating whore

ReputationRep:
    A 6s drunken kiss on NYE is nothing. If you love her don't dwell on it. But if you have to end it "out of principle" at least she probably won't be grieving and single for too long..

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people saying it was "just" a kiss. Everyone I know, male or female, would consider a kiss outside a relationship to be a very upsetting, if not dumpable offence!

OP, you've put mistake in quotation marks. Do you not believe it was a mistake? I think this will be the key factor in deciding whether you forgive her or not.

ReputationRep:
    Very similar to the thread I started. I feel your pain mate. At the end of the day I think you'll know what to do deep down. People obviously have different views on if it is a big deal or not. My point would be that if it's not, what's to stop her doing it again and again. It's either never okay or it always is. Head up

ReputationRep:
    Personally, if I was in your position I'd dump her.

Lets be honest, we all get a bit drunk. But being drunk doesn't excuse you from doing things, such as this.
    She CLEARLY knew your principles and morals behind this, and she went against it.
    If your willing to get that plastered, and do those sort of things (i.e. act like your single), then you really have to wonder whether she is mature enough for you.

In effect, ask yourself this. What if the shoe was on the other foot? Would you get that drunk, and cheat behind her back?
    No? Then don't chance it.

From personal experience, cheaters never only cheat once. But then again, who am I? I'm a random guy on a forum. Thus, you have to ask whether she wants the same things as you, and whether she is mature enough to obtain those things together, with you.

Ps. Awaiting some major negs. Cyber warriors ftw...

ReputationRep:
    If it's acceptable then you should be able to go and kiss some hot girl for a few seconds, no questions asked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CRIKEY12)
    Get a grip. You are SO selfish. You should be helping her overcome her excessive drinking and be thankful she did nothing more foolish. If you carry oon in this way any self respecting girl would be giving you the push
    Stop white Knighting. What part of "she cheated" didn't you understand you fizzle brained gimp?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's only a little kiss, lets be honest who hasnt kissed someone they wish they'd rather never had done.
    Breaking up is a little harsh, drink makes people do crazy things tbh.

Would understand if it was purely her and she jumped on him and rode him like a cowgirl but no. She never... (At least we dont think so )
    i'm a girl and I've got bigger balls than you, what the actual ****... being drunk brings the true side of yourself

ermmm this is the OP right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemogirl)
    i'm a girl and I've got bigger balls than you, what the actual ****... being drunk brings the true side of yourself

ermmm this is the OP right?
    No, that's why it said Anonymous poster #2 in their postbit.

ReputationRep:
    I personally would end it with my boyfriend if that happened to me. Only because I know I wouldn't be able to trust him again, once the trust is broken for me personally there is no point in carrying on. I'd rather be single and happy than in a relationship and miserable.

But OP, that's my personal opinion. You have to decide if you think you can regain trust and if you think she'll do it again. :hugs:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.