Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Normal for a first date? or too forward Watch

I Went to meet a guy today who I dont know at all, I met him on a night out (we exchanged numbers but didnt kiss or anything)

The plan was to go and eat but when we met up we both weren't that hungry so instead we went for coffee..then we went for walk and ended up at a pub. after having a drink we decided to leave and he made a move and kissed me, I kissed him back and enjoyed it.

when we crossed the road he held my hand and we ended up holding hands all the time and he kept kissing me.

we went to his house quickly to drop something he said im not gonna ask you to come in because i dont want you to take the wrong idea. I appreciated this.

we ended up going to a xmas market and it felt right being with him. then we went to eat and we were just really comfortable around each other, we kept kissing and stuff.
    He said he likes me but is it not a bit too soon for that?

I had a really nice time but I'm scared once he gets what he wants then he will be a **** and I really dont want to be played around.

I have not been on soo many dates so I dont really know what to expect.

ReputationRep:
    depends whether or not you feel he is being sincere.

There is no rush, if he is being sincere then he won't mind you taking it slow, i was surprised when my ex initiated sex after the 2nd date and only knowing me ...12 days, she seemed like such a reserved girl. Please don't take that as a negative or positive, it was just against my expectations.

All i would suggest is don't do anything more than you are ready to until you are sure. generally first dates are about getting to know each other but its always nice when you come away feeling really positive about about a potential relationship.

good luck.

well it felt like I had known him for awhile, he is very talkative whereas im a bit more shy. he made an effort to start a conversation and told me a lot about himself and friends.

Its just been soo long since someone has liked me. I'm a reserved girl as well and it takes a lot for me to come out of my shell. I meet a lot of guys but I feel like they all want to jump in bed and not get to know me.

He wants to take me out for breakfast tomorrow! is this a good thing lol

ReputationRep:
    Nah, loads of people when drunk make moves and kiss people. The fact he respected your feelings and said he doesn't want you to get the wrong idea, shows promise. (unless he's a manipulative **** ) I'd stop worrying and just go with the flow. if it feels right and you're enjoying it, it's prob alright.

ReputationRep:
    The thing with dating is that every time you start seeing someone new and then sleep with them you run that risk that they might not ever contact you again. The thing to remember though is that it is not just women who are vulnerable here. A woman could just as easily be in it for sex and sex only and blank the man after the deed is done. If you have sex with someone you are seeing and not in a relationship with, you have it acknowledging and accepting that it is not necessarily a prelude to a relationship and that either person could get cold feet. If you can't deal with that, then don't have sex until he has made some sort of commitment, and if he can't wait that long then he is not necessarily a douche but rather someone whose ideas about sex simply aren't compatible with yours.

(Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
    The thing with dating is that every time you start seeing someone new and then sleep with them you run that risk that they might not ever contact you again. The thing to remember though is that it is not just women who are vulnerable here. A woman could just as easily be in it for sex and sex only and blank the man after the deed is done. If you have sex with someone you are seeing and not in a relationship with, you have it acknowledging and accepting that it is not necessarily a prelude to a relationship and that either person could get cold feet. If you can't deal with that, then don't have sex until he has made some sort of commitment, and if he can't wait that long then he is not necessarily a douche but rather someone whose ideas about sex simply aren't compatible with yours.
    thank you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.