Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I posted on here this past summer, and I am finally following through with applying. I'm hoping to get into a UK law school for October 2013. The application deadline is on the 15th, and I really need to make my choices as to which 5 I'm going to choose. My marks aren't great and I will be finishing up my undergrad degree in Poli Sci by June. Preferably I want to do the senior status route and more specifically I would like to go somewhere in London. This is my preference but I really am open to anywhere. I've never been to the UK and I don't really know anything about any of the universities other than what I have read on the internet. I would be willing to do a full 3 year degree and go to a better school if that's the case. It's hard to know if it is worth applying to a better school for a 3 year program than just sticking with senior status programs. Any info on this would be much appreciated. In addition I have not done the LNAT, I can still get it done in time but I don't know if its worth it at this point in time.

So far I'm pretty set on applying to Queen Mary in London, Leicester....
    Other than that I have no idea. I don't want to be miserable where I live either, extremely small towns wouldn't be my preference. I was thinking of applying to LSE as an extreme longshot, who knows.

In choosing other schools I'd really appreciae your guys help. I'm getting my reference i order, and am in the process of writing my personal statement.

Thanks a lot guys.

Filippo

ReputationRep:
    So far schools I'm looking at offering a 2 year senior status degree are:
    -Leicester
    -QMUL
    -Leeds
    -Exeter
    -Cardiff
    -Southampton
    -Sussex

Can anyone give some insight on them, reputation is pretty important to me.

ReputationRep:
    QMUL is the best out of all of those I'd imagine, especially for Law.

ReputationRep:
    Out of those QMUL will be the toughest for me to get into. How about from the rest of the group?
    From the research ive done Leicester, Leeds, and SOuthampton look good?

ReputationRep:
    How about King's college london and UCL?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm in the process of filling out the education section of UCAS. At my university an 'honours degree' is actually quite difficult to attain and it is not the norm. I'll be graduating with a BA which still takes 4 years. I know other universities, BA Hons. is the norm. I was wondering do I put in honours degree or not in that education section?

Also, any other Canadian or intenrational applicants with a degree already know if we have to send transcripts and do they have to get there by the 15th or simply be sent? I dont think mine would get there by mail if i needed to do so. scnanning and emailing would be no problem.

ReputationRep:
    Also I'm inputting my old high school qualificatiosn and what exactly is a module, how do I fill this section out?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.