Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What country would you rather live in? Watch

• View Poll Results: What country would you choose to live in?
    The US
    27.91%
    Canada
    27.91%
    Australia
    28.68%
    Germany
    18.60%
    Other (state)
    24.03%

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering my future plans and while I'll most likely choose Canada for the quality of life and the fact I'll qualify for a visa I'm still tempted by the other options I've previously considered.

ReputationRep:
    Greece. Great climate, great scenery, great food, great - in the main - people.

Would love to live there. I know there are economic problems, but still...

ReputationRep:
    Went to California it was just soooooo beautiful indescribable! 😍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Torn between Australia and Canada, but most likely Australia. Much as the US is a nice place, I don't think I could live there, as I really disagree with their healthcare system and gun policies.

ReputationRep:
    I like all of the options given, but seeing as I speak French (and have a little knowledge of German), it would be somewhere in Eastern France/Southern and Eastern Belgium (+ Brussels)/Western Switzerland.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to travel around and live in many different places actually, but the main place I want to live is somewhere in South America, preferably Chile, to improve my Spanish to the point where it is fluent

I would also love to live in Adelaide for a while too as my brother and his family live there

ReputationRep:
    London, England.

ReputationRep:
    Australia, great weather, great accent, great beaches, great women. What more could you want?

ReputationRep:
    Since I speak Australian, I guess Australia or New Zealand.

I would definetly like to live in either of those two locations.
    Is there much difference between the two?

ReputationRep:
    Moving back to Canada next week But where I want to end up eventually is somewhere in the US, one of the southern states (Florida or California) or New Zealand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    Since I speak Australian, I guess Australia or New Zealand.

I would definetly like to live in either of those two locations.
    Is there much difference between the two?
    I love the Australian accent 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    New Zealand. Specifically: the shire.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawstudent321)
    I love the Australian accent ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh really? It is a pretty cool accent.

It is weird because I am British but people often say that I sound Australian. I mean it's scary!
    In my first year of uni', as Christmas approached, mates asked if I was planning on going back to Australia for Christmas - they assumed I'm Australian!
    I've had customers at work ask how long I've been in the country, assuming I'm from Australia or NZ!
    I don't just mean one or two comments about accent, I've had multiple people at uni' assume I'm Australian/NZ and people at various places of work bring it up. It is weird and a little bit scary I must say lol.

I'm wondering if I go over there do you think they'll let me in without my passport ;P

ReputationRep:
    Nepal, such a beautiful place.

ReputationRep:
    canada is great for pharmacy and mechanical engineering is great at kuwait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    Oh really? It is a pretty cool accent.

It is weird because I am British but people often say that I sound Australian. I mean it's scary!
    In my first year of uni', as Christmas approached, mates asked if I was planning on going back to Australia for Christmas - they assumed I'm Australian!
    I've had customers at work ask how long I've been in the country, assuming I'm from Australia or NZ!
    I don't just mean one or two comments about accent, I've had multiple people at uni' assume I'm Australian/NZ and people at various places of work bring it up. It is weird and a little bit scary I must say lol.

I'm wondering if I go over there do you think they'll let me in without my passport ;P
    Haha yeah I do like it a lot, if you are able to go then you'll have to smuggle me in your suitcase because I'm planning to go to NZ anyways! I have a weird accent as well, I went abroad recently and nobody could tell I was British they all thought that I was from somewhere more exotic, I wish!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawstudent321)
    Haha yeah I do like it a lot, if you are able to go then you'll have to smuggle me in your suitcase because I'm planning to go to NZ anyways! I have a weird accent as well, I went abroad recently and nobody could tell I was British they all thought that I was from somewhere more exotic, I wish!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I would like to go to NZ or Australia too...but if anyone over there says "you're British aren't you" I think I'll go mad haha

ReputationRep:
    The US: I would choose this if they sorted out their healthcare and education system, crime rate is also a bit of a concern. I also get the impression that there are a lot of crazy people there.
    Canada: Aparently Canada is a friendly place to live although its cold climate really puts me off.
    Australia: I chose this as my choice because Its sunny there, a lot of english are there and they seem to have a good work life balance.
    Germany: I dont speak German, I'm a realist so that wont happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron9890)
    Australia, great weather, great accent, great beaches, great women. What more could you want?
    Name:  huntsman-spider-invasion.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  102.1 KB

A lack of these, perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sannn)
    Name:  huntsman-spider-invasion.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  102.1 KB

A lack of these, perhaps?
    Oh yeah, forgot about them! Still the other things appeal to me, I would just have to hope I wouldn't come across a spider lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.