Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What country would you rather live in? Watch

• View Poll Results: What country would you choose to live in?
    The US
    27.91%
    Canada
    27.91%
    Australia
    28.68%
    Germany
    18.60%
    Other (state)
    24.03%

ReputationRep:
    Sweden or Norway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unusual one but Ghana - life is so much simpler and people much much more friendly - plus the hot weather, cheaper living costs and amazing natural beauty.

After this it would be Australia and then Sweden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeD11)
    Unusual one but Ghana - life is so much simpler and people much much more friendly - plus the hot weather, cheaper living costs and amazing natural beauty.

After this it would be Australia and then Sweden.
    Have you lived there? It's indeed a nice place ...

ReputationRep:
    I would love to visit Australia and Germany. I don't know if I could commit to moving so far away though and leaving family and friends behind. It would be hard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    Have you lived there? It's indeed a nice place ...
    I spent 4 months over the summer living and working there. I met some amazing people and visited some equally amazing places.

What I really liked was the simplicity of life - people actually greeted you everywhere you went and wasn't stuck to smartphones etc. Plus most people speak english and the local language is easy to pick up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeD11)
    I spent 4 months over the summer living and working there. I met some amazing people and visited some equally amazing places.

What I really liked was the simplicity of life - people actually greeted you everywhere you went and wasn't stuck to smartphones etc. Plus most people speak english and the local language is easy to pick up.
    Well, it's certainly a great place but sometimes not that one-dimensionally positive. For the sake of the simplicity you trade of other stuff like advanced healthcare, democracy (not int he great picture, Ghana is a democratic country, but almost every policeman you meet has to be bribed), some basic human rights etc.

ReputationRep:
    Canada is my perfect home!

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite surprised by the results so far,I kinda expected the US to have a higher % and Germany lower.

ReputationRep:
    Love to live in Hawaii one of my dream places on par with the land of down under

ReputationRep:
    Mmm, some big bustling Asian city, I'm thinking Tokyo or Shanghai, but only for a little while.
    I'd settle down in Ireland or somewhere drastically different like a remote Thai island or a (not so remote) Greek one.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The UK first and foremost, then Australia.

Wouldn't mind Canada, but it's too cold there!

ReputationRep:
    England. You just cannot beat London.

ReputationRep:
    Luxembourg so safe, so pretty, so small..

ReputationRep:
    US
    Australia
    Canada (US lite)
    New Zealand (Australia lite)
    UK
    Ireland (UK lite)

Anywhere else isn't worth the time of day tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxisussex)
    I'm quite surprised by the results so far,I kinda expected the US to have a higher % and Germany lower.
    It's a peaceful country with a very high quality of life, social security and loads of culture, why did you expect it to be lower :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RtGOAT)
    US
    Australia
    Canada (US lite)
    New Zealand (Australia lite)
    UK
    Ireland (UK lite)

Anywhere else isn't worth the time of day tbh.
    i don't really think that is true, or fair, that nowhere else is worth the time of day.. there are many other lovely places, safe places, beautiful places.. unless you just haven't travelled much and haven't experienced it for yourself.. but there are lots more lovely places
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    It's a peaceful country with a very high quality of life, social security and loads of culture, why did you expect it to be lower :confused:
    Hello! It's me. I wanted just to see you in a forum again. I guess the writer of the comment expected a higher percent rate in comparison to Germany, as he expected that there are a lot member who are be fond of metropolis. Apart from this possibly fact there are also nice natural places in the USA. One of my acquaintances was in America with his wife some years ago and he showed me his pictures which he made during the travel around America. So I realized that USA has both breathtaking big cities and wonderful natural places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxisussex)
    I'm considering my future plans and while I'll most likely choose Canada for the quality of life and the fact I'll qualify for a visa I'm still tempted by the other options I've previously considered.
    What kind of career are you considering? You may want to think about that- for example, Germany and Switzerland are really good for sciences, whereas USA (I imagine) would be better for business/economics.
    Also, amazed nobody has suggested Hong Kong yet! Amazing city
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Although there are some countries in which I would love to live, my native country Germany would come always first. But if the conditions might come be true one day, I would not exclude to move to Uruguay or Japan at all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.