Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What country would you rather live in? Watch

• View Poll Results: What country would you choose to live in?
    The US
    27.91%
    Canada
    27.91%
    Australia
    28.68%
    Germany
    18.60%
    Other (state)
    24.03%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Callahan)
    Greece. Great climate, great scenery, great food, great - in the main - people.

Would love to live there. I know there are economic problems, but still...

But they are bankrupt?

ReputationRep:
    I plan on living in Africa, I like how simple everything is and how hospitable everyone is

ReputationRep:
    My dream is the island nation of palau.

ReputationRep:
    While I'd love to (and hopefully will) travel to many great places, ultimately, for me, nowhere really tops the posh parts of central London, like Green Park etc.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say I quite like living in the UK - can't beat being home!

However, If I moved to another country I'd say New Zealand

ReputationRep:
    Out of those choices: Canada.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanna-Marie :))
    I have to say I quite like living in the UK - can't beat being home!
    (...)
    I feel the same like you. There are just a few of countries as written above which come into question, but as long as I'm not able to fulfill certain requirements (learn a new foreign language, find a work place out of my native country and so on) I'm staying here, at home.

ReputationRep:
    Out of the ones I've lived (Germany, Scotland, Ghana) in I liked Ghana most, but it falls in a totally different category, and I would choose Germany over Scotland for quality of life, weather etc. Checking out Australia soon
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    Out of the ones I've lived (Germany, Scotland, Ghana) in I liked Ghana most, but it falls in a totally different category, and I would choose Germany over Scotland for quality of life, weather etc. Checking out Australia soon
    As far as I know Scotland is well-known for beautiful landscapes. That is an aspect which I like when I think about Scotland. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I don't necessarily know what living in any other country is like and i have never been abroad. However, i personally like the German language and contemporary History is my favorite subject and considering most of contemporary history revolved around Germany i would love to live in Germany one day to experience it. Ich mochte nach Deutschland fahren.

ReputationRep:
    Well i live in Ireland and i wouldnt live anywhere else. Spent ten years in Birmingham and what a dump of a place, couldnt get away fast enough.

Ireland is home and home is where i will stay. Though Austrailia does appeal, that and Japan, South Korea

ReputationRep:
    Honestly speaking, Switzerland or Austria from what I've heard and read about them. However it doesn't come cheap so I don't know if it'll ever be a genuine option later in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rish7)
    Honestly speaking, Switzerland or Austria from what I've heard and read about them. However it doesn't come cheap so I don't know if it'll ever be a genuine option later in life.
    Living in another country usually comes coupled with working there - with a Swiss salary you'll be able to afford a Swiss lifestyle

ReputationRep:
    The US. If it wasn't for the gun culture/laws and the healthcare policies my choice to live there would be definite.

ReputationRep:
    Not to be boring, but where I live now, England. I love other countries and definitely want to travel, but I just love England. I was born and bred here, I love the English language and all the peculiarities of it, I love the English culture and humour. I love my home county, Yorkshire, just because of how friendly it is, but I love places like London at the same time for the atmosphere and such.
    I'd love to visit the USA but I can't really fathom the gun laws or the healthcare system. But that is just because of where I've been brought up and how. I'm sure in the USA, if you were born there, you would be used to it. Germany seems nice, but I don't particularly like the language or accent and I don't know, England just feels like home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    Living in another country usually comes coupled with working there - with a Swiss salary you'll be able to afford a Swiss lifestyle
    That's a valid enough point!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.