Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is sex better with people you're in love with? Watch

I dont know, you see - Ive only had sex with women who are good friends. The women i have been in love with either havent liked me or Ive been to scared to make a move. Have I missed out?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I reckon so.
    I mean, I have a few mates who are glad to have sex with no feelings attached, but honestly, it's a lot better with someone you care about.

ReputationRep:
    Meaningless sex is well, meaningless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Intimate, loving sex is better with someone you have a genuine connection with. You can have amazing sex with someone you're not in love with, it's just different. There's something more to it when you love the person.

ReputationRep:
    From experience, absolutely. It's something I miss. One night stands just don't cut it, even if it's good sex it's just not the same.

It's not just about sex with somebody, it's just different. Idk how to explain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    From experience, absolutely. It's something I miss. One night stands just don't cut it, even if it's good sex it's just not the same.

It's not just about sex with somebody, it's just different. Idk how to explain.
    This. And I think the whole part of it happening as and when you feel like it is different to when you are having sex as a matter of 'here and now' opportunity with someone that you don't love.

ReputationRep:
    I would think so, if it was just sex with a girl you met in a club, you don't know what she's like as a person, whereas if it's someone you love, you know what you like about them and all you want is to be near them. I think if you prolong sex with someone your in love with, it can also make it more intimate and exciting as you are waiting for it and become more eager, so when it happens it's fantastic.

(Original post by Lawstudent321)
    Meaningless sex is well, meaningless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah Ive had that too, and far too much of it - its just great at the time but leaves you kind of empty (no pun intended) Its better with good friends, but with someone your're truly in love with it I guess it could be mind blowing - wish I could try some time (sigh)

ReputationRep:
    love is like catalyst of joy when having sex, especially being in a position to give. So I think that's why we have two different terms: have sex and make love - having sex is to release, making love is a way to express.

And personally, I have some fetishes that can only be done with the one I love. At least, you can have bb with your gf/bf, but never with random sex buddies...

I've screwed four people. Two of whom I was serious with. The other two were way more fun and interesting in my opinion. But I also feel less inhibited when I'm banging somebody just for fun so maybe that's it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I dont know, you see - Ive only had sex with women who are good friends. The women i have been in love with either havent liked me or Ive been to scared to make a move. Have I missed out?
    Answer to both questions: Infinitely.

ReputationRep:
    definitely.

ReputationRep:
    What terrifies me is that there are some girls/boys out there who say "I will defecate on you if that's what you want because I am in love with you." That never happens with ONS.

...question in title

answer: yes.

26 year old (MALE) who has been with more girls than he is proud (hence anon) about. sex with someone you care about about is supremely better than sex with someone you couldn't give 2 ****s about.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it looks like most people here are in agreement.

I, too, would like to say that yes it is, and it's something I seriously miss.

I'm not really sure how to phrase it, but it's a lot more... intense. But in a good way. Also, you're more relaxed and you can be casual about it.

Also, if you like to cuddle afterwards, that's much better too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ...question in title

answer: yes.

26 year old (MALE) who has been with more girls than he is proud (hence anon) about. sex with someone you care about about is supremely better than sex with someone you couldn't give 2 ****s about.
    There's a difference between caring about someone and loving them though. You don't have to love them to still care about them and respect them as a person/be attracted to them. It's not usually as black and white as either loving the person you're sleeping with or not giving two ****s about them.

Don't get me wrong I'm not picking on you as such, it's just what you said was a good platform for my point. It's the same as people saying sex with someone they love is better than a one night stand - I wouldn't know personally as I've never had a ONS, but I would imagine they're right. What about FWB though? Having fun together in a casual way purely because you have the freedom to do so and are attracted to each other? Some people actually find that's when they have the best sex because there's no pressure in other areas of the relationship, and their inhibitions are lowered.

It's like I said, I think being in love with someone adds a whole other level to sex. It's different in an amazing way, and of course having sex with someone you don't give a crap about isn't going to be as fulfilling. I just think it's having a connection that's important - that connection doesn't necessarily have to be love for good sex to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marky--mark)
    Well, it looks like most people here are in agreement.

I, too, would like to say that yes it is, and it's something I seriously miss.

I'm not really sure how to phrase it, but it's a lot more... intense. But in a good way. Also, you're more relaxed and you can be casual about it.

Also, if you like to cuddle afterwards, that's much better too.
    cuddle was what I wanted to say here.

And random sex is more like a performance...

ReputationRep:
    I think so, yes.

ReputationRep:
    When you're in love with someone, it's easier to let go in the bedroom and show enough vulnerability. It's harder to do that when you're not sure of their intentions with you. But you can have very good with someone you're not in love with if you're very sexually compatible. At the same time, you can be in love with someone and not enjoy the sex because that component is missing in your relationship. I think generally speaking though it is better, especially for a woman. Men will only really make an effort with you if they love you, unless they make doing good sex something they especially take pride in.

Yes it makes all the difference as having sex with somebody you love just feels amazing

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2013
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.