Turn on thread page Beta

my exam results watch

Announcements

freewebs.com/packetkiddiez04/aaaqa.gif <- those were my results from computing in june 03

i re sat the software paper and got 85/105 and my physics i got a GODLY 83 out of 90

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner)
    Yeah! just scared that it may go down even lower (the A2 result)! i just spoke to my tutor and asked whether the examiners are being really harsh because media studies gets so much bad press as a soft subject. She said it was something she had considered too.
    does anyone know anyone who did ocr media studies-just wondered what other school results were. i dont want to sound like i'm whingeing, but either its been marked really harshly/incorrectly or i'm totally crap at this subject!
    I know this last post was from 6 days ago but i thought i would say about my media results...
    I only just got over half marks which was a D and I was really shocked too. I had been predicted an A which is what I usually get in media as its one of my strongest subjects so was really taken back when i got this result. I thought it was me having a bad day despite feeling comfortable with the exam question. My tutors are confident that it wasn't me that did anything wrong and that the examiner has just been harsh. They are paying to have it remarked; i did think about that mark going down but anything lower than 48/90 would just be even more ridiculous! no one in my group got higher than a C so it seems a lot of people are in the same situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesscat)
    I know this last post was from 6 days ago but i thought i would say about my media results...
    I only just got over half marks which was a D and I was really shocked too. I had been predicted an A which is what I usually get in media as its one of my strongest subjects so was really taken back when i got this result. I thought it was me having a bad day despite feeling comfortable with the exam question. My tutors are confident that it wasn't me that did anything wrong and that the examiner has just been harsh. They are paying to have it remarked; i did think about that mark going down but anything lower than 48/90 would just be even more ridiculous! no one in my group got higher than a C so it seems a lot of people are in the same situation.

Hey, thanks for that.
    the whole class is getting their papers sent for remarking. i'm also having one of my resits marked. i did want all three papers (two resits and one A2) remarked but my teacher thought i should hold onto the D as it is several marks higher than last year! its 52/90 which isnt anything to get excited about but i deferred to her judgment even though i'm not 100% ok with it.
    last year i got one of my papers back so that i could go over it with my tutor and she said that she felt it was harshly marked -i got a D(and she's an examiner) but it was too late to do anything about it. i have to say i've totally lost my faith in the system. the way i see it my results in the summer are more down to the examiner than me! i need to get two B's and a C to get into my first choice uni and at this rate its looking less and less likely.
    anyway lets hope the remarks come back to give us something to cheer about. i'm trying not to get my hopes up. let me know when you hear!

ReputationRep:
    Talking about re-marks - my centre last year had all CMS2 (AQA Communication Studies Unit 2) papers sent out for re-mark as the results were so poor. I originally got 51/90 (D) and after re-mark I got 59/90 (C). 8 marks isn't anything amazing but it helps overall.

I decided to re-sit this unit in January and upon results day was amazed to see I got 90/90 (A) for the resit. I also re-sat CMS3 which I got 38/90 (E) on first time around - I got 83/90 (A) in the re-sit. I increased by 76 UMS across both papers and my overall AS grade went from a low C to a High A. Something was really wrong lol

I also got in my March Results:

Psychology Resit Unit 3 - 85/100 (A)

History EdExcel Unit 4 Fascist Italy - 79/90 (A)

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.