Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm thinking of buying a new pair of straighteners at the moment i have a pair of wide plate ghd's but my hair is short (above shoulder length) and is very thick and slightly wavy. I feel my ghd's don't straighten my hair like they used to and i feel that they lag on my hair causing my hair to break.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a cheap pair of straighteners that glide smoothly and are compatible with thick short hair.

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hi

My hair sounds like yours and i use andrew barton straight answer straighteners. They heat up to 230 and i brilliant. They are usually around 70 but i know they are half price in argos atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eikciv)
    Hi

My hair sounds like yours and i use andrew barton straight answer straighteners. They heat up to 230 and i brilliant. They are usually around 70 but i know they are half price in argos atm.
    Thanks ill check them out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Babyliss do some amazing straighteners too and mine have lasted me 2 years now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know they're not cheap but I 100% stick by GHD's. My friend has had about 3 different cheap hair straighteners this year...My GHD's were £100 when I got them but that was 5 years ago and they still work perfectly. So it works out as £20 a year, but otherwise Babyliss straighteners seem to work well for a lot of people - they fried the hell outta my hair though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.