Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Moving to London During/After University Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm only sixteen and I haven't even completed my GCSEs yet.

I know a lot of people will say "oh, you're young, don't worry about moving yet" and to an extent, that could be advised - but I'd like to be prepared.

Is it very difficult (financially) for three boys (one a year older than me, one a year older) to rent an apartment in London? We'll all be going to University. I just have no idea what sort of probability there is. We're all intelligent and capable of getting a decent job, I suppose.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kroziaa)
    Hello,

I'm only sixteen and I haven't even completed my GCSEs yet.

I know a lot of people will say "oh, you're young, don't worry about moving yet" and to an extent, that could be advised - but I'd like to be prepared.

Is it very difficult (financially) for three boys (one a year older than me, one a year older) to rent an apartment in London? We'll all be going to University. I just have no idea what sort of probability there is. We're all intelligent and capable of getting a decent job, I suppose.

Thank you
    I don't think I would worry about this now. You haven't even seen any universities and it is quite likely that you might find one in another part of the country that you would like to go to?

ReputationRep:
    Listen m8 im on 25k a year and i want to live in london/aldgate/near the city ..rent is 2grand a month for one bed flat lol ...i dont wanna anoy you but to even start thinking about living in london , make sure your earning minimum £40,000 annually.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.