Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A level History AQA exam questions? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am doing unit 1 history (Britain 1906-1951) in January, and while having looked at specification, which divides the unit into 4 time frames
    - Britain 1906-1914
    - Britain 1914-1929
    - Britain 1929-1940
    - Britain 1940-1951
    At the exams there will be 3 time period random question choices (and 2 within each question), 2 of which will have to be answered.

Having looked at previous exam papers, the ones that have been taken in January over last 4 years 2009-2012(can't see later than that), not once has a question on the period of 1906-1914 came up, yet in the summer June series, it comes up every time.

Is it very likely that the 1906-1914 period will be avoided once again in 2013?

ReputationRep:
    It is possible, but I wouldn't assume it to be the case and ignore this area in your revision. You could roll a six on a dice 99 times in a row, it does not mean that the 100th roll will also be a six. You are only looking at four papers, so it could just be coincidental. I think you would be taking a bit of a gamble by ignoring this time period for your January exam. It might pay off, but it might also backfire horribly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heidihi7894)
    It is possible, but I wouldn't assume it to be the case and ignore this area in your revision. You could roll a six on a dice 99 times in a row, it does not mean that the 100th roll will also be a six. You are only looking at four papers, so it could just be coincidental. I think you would be taking a bit of a gamble by ignoring this time period for your January exam. It might pay off, but it might also backfire horribly.
    I appreciate the reply, wasn't sure I was going to get any, are you absolutely certain that it is done randomly and not something that is pre-determined by the exams board?

ReputationRep:
    No I am not sure, but if you cannot be sure it is a decision that is always made by the exam board I would suggest not assuming that is the case.

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys sitting the exam this Wednesday too? I'm kinda nervous! Any advice on essay structures please?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    How did your exam go peeps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zako)
    How did your exam go peeps?

Can u please let me know what the questions were? Thanks a lot

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.