I know it's a stupid title, but how?

ReputationRep:
    Well you say:
    You: "hi"
    Girl: "hi"
    You: "what subjects do you do?"
    Girl: blah blah blah English
    You: "oh that's cool I do blah blah blah maths"

It's not as hard as you think also girls love being asked questions so just ask away and just sit and listen!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    wave a wad of cash under her nose... you'll be besties in no time.

ReputationRep:
    Who needs girls?

(joke)

ReputationRep:
    The same way they make friends with guys; conversation.
    Im genuinely confused as to why people see this as an issue. I've never found it to be a problem- the opposite sex doesn't require special treatment; just talk to someone in a friendly manner and they'll usually reciprocate.

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol??

ReputationRep:
    They like it if you wave your penis at them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentpride)
    Who needs girls?

(joke)
    judging by your avatar, you don't, presumably.

but yeah.. seeking connection is evil. i guess should be like robot autistic people, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marky--mark)
    The same way they make friends with guys; conversation.
    Im genuinely confused as to why people see this as an issue. I've never found it to be a problem- the opposite sex doesn't require special treatment; just talk to someone in a friendly manner and they'll usually reciprocate.
    OK.

Wow, I never realised girls were human too. I thought they were a different species and men actually reproduced asexually. Having sex and then delivery nine months later is just what they want you to think.

ReputationRep:
    Hand delivered chocolate everyday in return for our company. Think of it as a worthy investment. Failure to hand deliver chocolate will result in having to produce a very carefully worded apology woven onto Egyptian silk. Think of it as a penance.

I don't know how friendships work.

Find the ones with 'boyish' personalities and have common grounds for discourse; they will introduce you to their friends.
    ?‽?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marc_halls)
    judging by your avatar, you don't, presumably.
    :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Read this guys other threads and you will see why he can't make friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farid Jalil)
    Read this guys other threads and you will see why he can't make friends

Yeah, and most younger people are sooo sweet....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Id and Ego seek)

what does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Id and Ego seek)
    Hand delivered chocolate everyday in return for our company. Think of it as a worthy investment. Failure to hand deliver chocolate will result in having to produce a very carefully worded apology woven onto Egyptian silk. Think of it as a penance.

Find the ones with 'boyish' personalities and have common grounds for discourse; they will introduce you to their friends.
    ?‽?
    Why not?

ReputationRep:
    errr, become GAY. oh god i'm going to get a warning for this comment I know it lol

Seriously though what a weird thread, they are just human and most you will find are nice and willing to have a conversation so just say hi in a none creepy manner and I'm sure you will do fine

ReputationRep:
    You can't really predict how girls might respond to your friendly approach, and not all girls like questions being asked to the - all girls act differently. For example, if you ask a girl a question, she might give you a blunt response which could either mean that she's kind of nervous of speaking to you (or subtle sign of attraction or she might just act like shes too busy for convo), in this case, give her a little space. Another possibility might be that she is simply not interested in the effort you are trying to make for decent conversation. My advice would be: approach the girl if she gives you a friendly smile, she might be wanting to start a friendly conversation as much as you do.
    A warning though, some girls may act timid and quiet when they first meet new people but they tend to loosen up once the ice breaks and the conversation gets going.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.