Turn on thread page Beta

How do you appoach a girl/start a conversation with her without sounding/actin needy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think this is a problem for a lot, if not most guys. Definitely for me at least.

Whenever i get the courage to approach, i always come off as needy and sometimes if i get attached to that person i get a little desperate as well. This obviously isn't attractive. I'm guessing girls like guys who can just naturally act normal, genuine, witty and friendly. I haven't had a relationship in quite a few years but i've had the occasional sex/fling with randoms. My conversation skills arnt as good as they used to be so if i do plan a conversation, it never actually comes out the way i want it. Also, how are we able to know if you have a boyfriend? Do we just ask?

There's a girl at work i've got my eye on right now. I've teased her a little and bantered about but when it comes to a serious conversation with her i die inside. We call each other babe/hun so there's obviously some comfort there but i'm not sure how to make the attraction flow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SupAJ1M)
    I think this is a problem for a lot, if not most guys. Definitely for me at least.

Whenever i get the courage to approach, i always come off as needy and sometimes if i get attached to that person i get a little desperate as well. This obviously isn't attractive. I'm guessing girls like guys who can just naturally act normal, genuine, witty and friendly. I haven't had a relationship in quite a few years but i've had the occasional sex/fling with randoms. My conversation skills arnt as good as they used to be so if i do plan a conversation, it never actually comes out the way i want it. Also, how are we able to know if you have a boyfriend? Do we just ask?

There's a girl at work i've got my eye on right now. I've teased her a little and bantered about but when it comes to a serious conversation with her i die inside. We call each other babe/hun so there's obviously some comfort there but i'm not sure how to make the attraction flow?

What do you want to have a serious conversation about exactly?

If you're flirting and having "banter" and she is reciprocating, then ask her if she fancies a drink after work.

If you need help in how to make small talk then just watch how other people do it. Its normally a dialogue composed of a series of observations, questions, jokes and anecdotes.

Don't be needy, just be confident and friendly.

ReputationRep:
    Pretend she's already your friend

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.