Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you appoach a girl/start a conversation with her without sounding/actin needy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think this is a problem for a lot, if not most guys. Definitely for me at least.

Whenever i get the courage to approach, i always come off as needy and sometimes if i get attached to that person i get a little desperate as well. This obviously isn't attractive. I'm guessing girls like guys who can just naturally act normal, genuine, witty and friendly. I haven't had a relationship in quite a few years but i've had the occasional sex/fling with randoms. My conversation skills arnt as good as they used to be so if i do plan a conversation, it never actually comes out the way i want it. Also, how are we able to know if you have a boyfriend? Do we just ask?

There's a girl at work i've got my eye on right now. I've teased her a little and bantered about but when it comes to a serious conversation with her i die inside. We call each other babe/hun so there's obviously some comfort there but i'm not sure how to make the attraction flow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SupAJ1M)
    I think this is a problem for a lot, if not most guys. Definitely for me at least.

Whenever i get the courage to approach, i always come off as needy and sometimes if i get attached to that person i get a little desperate as well. This obviously isn't attractive. I'm guessing girls like guys who can just naturally act normal, genuine, witty and friendly. I haven't had a relationship in quite a few years but i've had the occasional sex/fling with randoms. My conversation skills arnt as good as they used to be so if i do plan a conversation, it never actually comes out the way i want it. Also, how are we able to know if you have a boyfriend? Do we just ask?

There's a girl at work i've got my eye on right now. I've teased her a little and bantered about but when it comes to a serious conversation with her i die inside. We call each other babe/hun so there's obviously some comfort there but i'm not sure how to make the attraction flow?

What do you want to have a serious conversation about exactly?

If you're flirting and having "banter" and she is reciprocating, then ask her if she fancies a drink after work.

If you need help in how to make small talk then just watch how other people do it. Its normally a dialogue composed of a series of observations, questions, jokes and anecdotes.

Don't be needy, just be confident and friendly.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Pretend she's already your friend

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.