Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    :eek: Why??!?! You should have at least tried xD

:lol: i got 6 :cry: and my most important ones this week and the next

I've done 42 hours. But iv paid for an extra 10 before my test in feb so i can polish up skills really but its pissing me off as its quite expensive :mad:
    I'm a wimp Plus I only started driving late August so I didn't feel ready
    Yeah, all mine are these two weeks, fun!
    Ah right, that's good thinking!
    I know, thinking about it it's like over a £1000 for everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gcayte)
    haha nahh ur not a wimp n ikr!!! Could have saved that for something decent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    when ur test? Mines 12 of Feb and im crapping my pants im scared ill fail
    Haven't booked it but when I do it I'll reply to you either on this or a private message. Please tell me your result good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ive got my test on the 22nd Jan and I'm quite nervous
    I'm sure you'll be fine! PM me the result if you forget I'll ask. Have faith in yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    Haven't booked it but when I do it I'll reply to you either on this or a private message. Please tell me your result good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks bro :cool: you 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    thanks bro :cool: you 2
    Thanks mate. I'll post my result soon

ReputationRep:
    Drivers must prepare driving test thoroughly with full concentration. During the driving test, reduce the nervousness and increase confidence level and pass the test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewhowell)
    Drivers must prepare driving test thoroughly with full concentration. During the driving test, reduce the nervousness and increase confidence level and pass the test.
    Oh aye.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to butt in but....

I did my test last Thursday and found it helped doing it in the middle of my exams as it made me not think about it. Then again I failed one and had another cancelled due to weather, as I was sat at the test centre. I was expecting this one to be cancelled due to the weather so wasn't holding out much hope and was expecting a march date or something. It wasn't until Thursday morning and it was like no frozen cars that it got to the point of 'oh crap I might actually be doing it this morning' all 3 of these tests were booked for 8:20

But yeah, having it around exams made me not think about it, at the end of the day my a levels are more important than my driving test

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SortYourLife)
    Sorry to butt in but....

I did my test last Thursday and found it helped doing it in the middle of my exams as it made me not think about it. Then again I failed one and had another cancelled due to weather, as I was sat at the test centre. I was expecting this one to be cancelled due to the weather so wasn't holding out much hope and was expecting a march date or something. It wasn't until Thursday morning and it was like no frozen cars that it got to the point of 'oh crap I might actually be doing it this morning' all 3 of these tests were booked for 8:20

But yeah, having it around exams made me not think about it, at the end of the day my a levels are more important than my driving test

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done mate! Safe driving

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma-Ashley)
    Ooh about 35 years ago - I'm an instructor now...
    I passed my test first time today with 5 minors. Really really surprised!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doodlemon)
    If you're not yet confident, rebook the test for a slightly later date and do as many lessons as you feel you need beforehand. My instructor said I was ready after I did 42 hours but I didn't feel ready until I'd done 50 hours. I did my test after 56 hours and I passed first time. I do not regret delaying my test by a couple of weeks as I didn't suffer any nerves on the day and I feel like it made such a difference.

The show me tell me questions are very very simple if you just put aside an hour to learn all the answers. It's an easy way to impress your examiner, and a silly minor to get. Plus it's highly useful to know when you're driving your own car, so it would be in your best interests to learn them.

I passed with 10 minors, 2 for gears (the examiner will make you pull up on the side and move off again several times during the test. My examiner spoke to me throughout those tasks and I forgot to change back to first gear when moving off, but I noticed my error straight away and fixed it), one for positioning (I entered a roundabout on the wrong lane and switched to the adjacent correct lane once I was on the roundabout) and the rest were for observation.

Make sure your manoeuvres are perfect in your lessons as you will most likely mess up slightly on the day. Mounting the kerb is the easiest way to fail, and going back-and-forth to fix your manoeuvre won't impress your examiner.

Most of all, BE CALM! And I wish you the very best of luck!
    Passed my test first time! I felt so superior and amazingly confident!

ReputationRep:
    my test on tuesday got cancelled because of the snow, now to wait til 19th Feb

ReputationRep:
    my test on tuesday got cancelled because of the snow, now to wait til 19th Feb
    More time to practice though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick update, had my test today, passed first time with 2 minors, so happy I cried haha!
    Good luck everyone if you haven't had it already!

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick update, had my test today, passed first time with 2 minors, so happy I cried haha!
    Good luck everyone if you haven't had it already!
    Congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarlettFierce)
    Congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for sharing your information!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.