The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think so.
Honestly, no I wouldn't be proud - especially as it makes it all that much harder to progress beyond your undergraduate degree. Although saying that, I'm at a university where I am declined UROP bursaries and looked down upon because my average of 75% throughout the first 2 years is laughable...
Original post by Elcano
Same here. I'd be more than a little disappointed. But to be fair, I have reason to believe a 2.1 is achievable.

:smile:
Reply 123
well for someone like me, it was predicted that I wouldn't even make it to University by my doctors and teachers due to having Aspergers but now I have got 2:1 final marks in yr 1 and 2

but if I got either 2:2 or 2:1 it'd be much more than ppl thought I could achieve
gotta be honest, no, I'd have been sick as a dog if I'd blown 5 years and over 35K on that.
Reply 125
I just graduated and soooooooooooo glad I didn't get a 2:2. Got firsts in all my modules but ****ed up in my second year so it couldn't be a first overall.
What percentage is a 2.2??
Reply 127
Original post by economist2
What percentage is a 2.2??

think it's 50-59%
Original post by Mrx123
think it's 50-59%

Yup,
2:2 is 50-59%
2:1 is 60-69%
1st is 70% or higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im proud of my 2.2 degree :smile: its from the same uni in the same subject at the same grade as someone I admire very much.

I got offers (and onto) a masters degree no problem, had a good time at uni and a 2.2 has never held me back. What's not to be proud of :smile:
Reply 130
I would honestly be losing sleep over it for the next decade until I'd proven myself to my employer that I am
Honestly, no I would not be proud of a 2:2. I'm not busting my ass for a 2:2, I'm doing it for a 1st. The career I plan on having can be done without a degree, however a degree opens way more doors in the future and is also a personal achievement I'm striving for. I'd be pretty gutted if the personal achievement I worked 4 years for turned out to be a 2:2...
Reply 132
whatever happened to seeing the positives in everything?
I did get a 2:2 and I know I tried my hardest so yeah I'm pretty happy
Guys you talk as thou it's the end of the world getting a 2.2 no matter what university you got into. A 2.2 is good for an average person/parent going back into education - with children... They have achieved importance for themselves and the generation they have work hard to support.
So please if you got a 2.1 at a young age - then good for you! Perhaps you could have done better, ask yourself (how did I get there) ??????.
I would be proud if I got a 2.2, am aiming for a 2.1 but if I don't get it am not going to be upset. As I give my all it my studies. I had teachers who wrote me off saying I wouldn't get gcses, they were so wrong, as now am studying a degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If i leave university with a 2'2 next year i'd feel that i have not achieved my potential but i'd be relatively content in the fact that many graduate jobs which are not part of graduate schemes would still be open to me.
So many drama queens in this thread
Reply 138
Well next week I get my results and I'm expecting a 2:1 and the only way I will get a 2:2 is if I really screwed up my last 2 pieces of work which I doubt I have

If I were however to get a 2:2 I won't be too disappointed because it's not just the grade that matters, it's the experiences and challenges you've gone through over the last 3 or 4 years and how much you've changed and I've done so much while being at Uni so I'll be proud regardless
No, nor of the stupid capitalisation in the thread title.

Latest

Trending

Trending