Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No, nor of the stupid capitalisation in the thread title.

ReputationRep:
    If I genuinely did my best throughout, and despite my disappointment, could not think of what I could've done differently based on my knowledge at the time, then yeah, I'd be proud, I at least tried.

Otherwise, I'd be pretty pissed.

ReputationRep:
    It's better than a 3rd, and it's better than having no degree at all, so yes, I would be proud of it.

ReputationRep:
    Just received a 2:2 degree classification I am doomed !

ReputationRep:
    If I felt as though I had done my best, I would still be a little gutted at not getting a better classification but at the end of the day, I would be proud I stuck to the end of the course and actually came away with a degree. I'm doing a science degree and although I am good at science, I can't really see me ever getting a first or 2.1 degree. Maybe that is just negative thinking or its the truth. I'll certainly work my butt off once uni starts back up again and get the grade I deserve, whatever that may be.

ReputationRep:
    No as a 2:1 basically renders my career aspirations dead in the water, hence my actions which involve me staying ahead of the game and reading as much info from as many sources possible

ReputationRep:
    When I took my degree there was a minimum pass mark, but also a maximumn number of those who could be allowed the degree. So you could get 95% one year and get the degree, but someone also getting 95% the following year may not get it as too many others had higher marks. But this was long before the dumbing down of education and the PC brigade.

ReputationRep:
    I got a 2:2, very nearly a 2:1 59% . I graduated in may, never really looked for a job until November, and got the first one i went for, and its doing what a trained for at uni. I was lucky, but most i know on my course got 2.2's and many have jobs, even at big companies like Jaguar, and most of those with 2:1's have nothing. So depending what you do and what you want to do a 2:2 isn't the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    Ok a 2:2 isn't the greatest degree in the world but overreacting like ur life is over is a little sad as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    If i leave university with a 2'2 next year i'd feel that i have not achieved my potential but i'd be relatively content in the fact that many graduate jobs which are not part of graduate schemes would still be open to me.
    As an update to my own post since the thread is alive again it looks like i will get a high 2'2 myself primarily due to screwing around last year and because i wrongly chose to do my dissertation after my other essays and exams rather than before (the rest of my modules will come out very good but not enough to counteract realistically).

I still feel the same as i put above other than to say that now i'm closer to the time, i'm more dissapointed with myself than i was when considering the prospect last year mainly because i know i'm capable. Unfortunately though, i left taking it seriously a bit too late and i said, made a major priority error pushing back the dissertation.

My hindsight advise would be to get all your drunken fun out of the way by the beginning of semester 2 in year 1, then really go for it for the rest of the 2 and a half years.

ReputationRep:
    Well I got a 2:2, currently in a job that will be paying 40-50k in a couple years.

ReputationRep:
    Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Came very close to getting a 2.2 but luckily things got better. I wouldn't have been proud if I got a 2.2 as I know I didn't do enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No. I got a 2:1 and I deserved a 2:1. I worked hard. I know others who slacked and got a 2:2. If I had got the same grade as them I'd have been annoyed. People who get 2:2's generally deserve them. In rare cases there's other circumstances at play. In most circumstances the person only has themselves to blame for slacking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Well I got a 2:2, currently in a job that will be paying 40-50k in a couple years.
    That's not the question. Are you proud of your degree?

ReputationRep:
    Of course not, don't insult the members of TSR by even assuming some of them would be happy with a 2:2 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    That's not the question. Are you proud of your degree?
    Not really but tbh unless I got a first I wouldn't have been happy with it.

ReputationRep:
    Like a few others have said, it depends on the circumstances.

I am averaging 2:1s in my modules but one is a low 2:1 as a result of getting a high 2:2 on an exam which dragged it down. If something like that happened I would probably be really angry and not proud of it at all as it wouldn't be reflective of my entire degree. That said I doubt one 50% of a module would drag my entire degree down that much!

If I had been getting 2:2s throughout my university career I'd accept it but not if I had been getting 2:1/1sts.

ReputationRep:
    Well if u got a 2:2 would you just give up and mope it would U find another way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.