Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any one fancy having a penpal?

ReputationRep:
    I always thought the idea would be fun and nostalgic. Kinda reminds me of French exchange in secondary school when we were encouraged to do this. Everyone just uses Skype and Facebook these days.

ReputationRep:
    Sure sounds cool

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I used to have one in primary school
    Id quite like to have one again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend I met on Diddl.com when I was 10 (or however hold I was when Diddl was cool!) and I still write to her almost a decade later. I plan on meeting her for the first time this summer.

I am also still in touch with my German exchange partner from Year 8 (when I was 12) - we usually email but sometimes write letter and we see each other every year.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I hate the idea of someone knowing my address. If you accidently write something bad, they could get the Mafia to come to your house and wreck you.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend I met on Diddl.com when I was 10 (or however old I was when Diddl was cool!) and I still write to her almost a decade later. I plan on meeting her for the first time this summer.

I am also still in touch with my German exchange partner from Year 8 (when I was 12) - we usually email but sometimes write letters and we see each other every year.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love one

ReputationRep:
    Sure. Were are u from ?..pm if u want..:-)

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to have a penpal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliakhan)
    Sure. Were are u from ?..pm if u want..:-)
    England lol hbu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrx123)
    England lol hbu
    Haha..me too:-)...so are u male or female...im female..what sort of things interest u ..in terms of sports or hobbies? .Ohhh nearly forgot ..how old are u if u dont mind me askin?...

ReputationRep:
    I have too many penpals, it's called Facebook.

Remember when a penpal was a rare unique and enjoyable thing? Now it's just a status update away...

ReputationRep:
    I dont really get the point in having a pen pal. Obviously some people must get something out of it, but to me its just an old fashioned and slow way of talking to people.

ReputationRep:
    You can connect to others via InterPals, the key aim is so students internationally can talk and practice foreign languages, but you can talk to other English people.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like another one in a foreign country who's happy to exchange via mail rather than email

ReputationRep:
    I miss having a penpal I used to feel so special receiving handwritten letters haha

ReputationRep:
    That's how I met my (now) husband!

ReputationRep:
    I'd love a french one, i have no idea where to find one though that would do hand written letters. My school(s) never had an exchange programmes or anything, sounds like it would be great! :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSam1994)
    I'd love a french one, i have no idea where to find one though that would do hand written letters. My school(s) never had an exchange programmes or anything, sounds like it would be great! :daydreaming:
    Try Pen Pal International. I think it gives you options about whether you'd like to do it by snail mail or email. Lots of people want to do it hand written still

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.