Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunnerab)
    Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    London, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone from abroad want to be my penpal?

ReputationRep:
    yeah id love one!

i had one in primary school, but i have no idea how to find her now
    i wish we'd had a way of staying in contact but the school just stopped doing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bibliomaniac)
    Alright, I'm up to two penpals. I'd like moar please, if anyone would like one from Canada.

I have great quality paper, cute envelopes, and moose stamps. How can you resist. How.
    Pics for proof!

(Original post by Juichiro)
    Let us be penpals!
    PM me your details

ReputationRep:
    I'd like one.

I'm a bit of a social skeptic in that I support the Occupy movement and am very interested in conspiracy theories and what not, so if you think you have similar interests to me then by all means, drop me a line! )

ReputationRep:
    I want one!
    Just the thought of receiving handwritten letters through the letterbox sounds awesome
    PM me if you'd like to be my penpal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatherineG30)
    If anyone wants an irish gal as a penpal who loves all things old drop me a message in my inbox
    Would be so nice to properly write to someone about anything!
    Do you have a really soft cute Irish accent? :love:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I wanted to say hello to everybody.I was really happy to find group.I love getting to meet people in different places.if anybody ever want to talk just leave me a message.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Zahra..)
    Anyone from abroad want to be my penpal?
    I live abroad and I'm looking for a pen pal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahra..)
    London, how about you?
    London as well. But pointless being penpals!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any penpals from outside england?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be gd if people still wrote on paper and not always on a computer...schools are actually slowly moving away from paper and pen and are using Ipads and laptops to do everything....nothing beats receiving a gd old letter in the mail from a penpal

ReputationRep:
    hey all try here if you dont fancy long letters -

www.postcrossing.com

ReputationRep:
    I've written to my pen-pal since I was 10. We still keep in touch now but mainly by text and e-mail. I don't think she's as keen on handwritten letters anymore...*sigh* How I miss waiting for the arrival of a brightly coloured envelope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RetroSpectacles)
    I've written to my pen-pal since I was 10. We still keep in touch now but mainly by text and e-mail. I don't think she's as keen on handwritten letters anymore...*sigh* How I miss waiting for the arrival of a brightly coloured envelope

I know the feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bibliomaniac)
    Alright, I'm up to two penpals. I'd like moar please, if anyone would like one from Canada.

I have great quality paper, cute envelopes, and moose stamps. How can you resist. How.
    Finally an excuse to get the old letter set out Can I be one of your many pen-pals? Pretty please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrx123)
    I know the feeling
    Name:  Ledger-Waiting-for-the-mail.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  183.6 KB
    Name:  carson-waiting-by-the-door2.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  48.0 KB

Ah, the memories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RetroSpectacles)
    Name:  Ledger-Waiting-for-the-mail.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  183.6 KB
    Name:  carson-waiting-by-the-door2.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  48.0 KB

Ah, the memories
    I once had a penpal from Japan, she wrote to me five times...sent me stuff and I sent her stuff...then she stopped...I waited five months, emailed her and got nothing...was gutted I felt like we were really getting along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrx123)
    I once had a penpal from Japan, she wrote to me five times...sent me stuff and I sent her stuff...then she stopped...I waited five months, emailed her and got nothing...was gutted I felt like we were really getting along.
    Ah! Five months? Bless your heart You really do make a connection don't you. I had another pen pal from Louisiana and I lost contact with her too. I sent my letter off and never got a reply. Who knows what happened there...maybe she didn't like what I wrote lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatherineG30)
    If anyone wants an irish gal as a penpal who loves all things old drop me a message in my inbox
    Would be so nice to properly write to someone about anything!
    I am just old(er) if that will do?

This pen-pal thing sounds intriguing. In school I had pen-pals in France and Germany. Of course, it was the only way of communicating back then, the old pen and paper because we didn't have computers (and only 3 channels on the TV, but then C4 came along lol).

If anyone is interested in an (older) person to write too, I like being controversial and am interested in reading, history, in fact anything really. Can message me if you would like

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.