Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunnerab)
    Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    London, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone from abroad want to be my penpal?

ReputationRep:
    yeah id love one!

i had one in primary school, but i have no idea how to find her now
    i wish we'd had a way of staying in contact but the school just stopped doing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bibliomaniac)
    Alright, I'm up to two penpals. I'd like moar please, if anyone would like one from Canada.

I have great quality paper, cute envelopes, and moose stamps. How can you resist. How.
    Pics for proof!

(Original post by Juichiro)
    Let us be penpals!
    PM me your details

ReputationRep:
    I'd like one.

I'm a bit of a social skeptic in that I support the Occupy movement and am very interested in conspiracy theories and what not, so if you think you have similar interests to me then by all means, drop me a line! )

ReputationRep:
    I want one!
    Just the thought of receiving handwritten letters through the letterbox sounds awesome
    PM me if you'd like to be my penpal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatherineG30)
    If anyone wants an irish gal as a penpal who loves all things old drop me a message in my inbox
    Would be so nice to properly write to someone about anything!
    Do you have a really soft cute Irish accent? :love:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to say hello to everybody.I was really happy to find group.I love getting to meet people in different places.if anybody ever want to talk just leave me a message.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahra..)
    Anyone from abroad want to be my penpal?
    I live abroad and I'm looking for a pen pal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahra..)
    London, how about you?
    London as well. But pointless being penpals!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any penpals from outside england?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be gd if people still wrote on paper and not always on a computer...schools are actually slowly moving away from paper and pen and are using Ipads and laptops to do everything....nothing beats receiving a gd old letter in the mail from a penpal

ReputationRep:
    hey all try here if you dont fancy long letters -

www.postcrossing.com

ReputationRep:
    I've written to my pen-pal since I was 10. We still keep in touch now but mainly by text and e-mail. I don't think she's as keen on handwritten letters anymore...*sigh* How I miss waiting for the arrival of a brightly coloured envelope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RetroSpectacles)
    I've written to my pen-pal since I was 10. We still keep in touch now but mainly by text and e-mail. I don't think she's as keen on handwritten letters anymore...*sigh* How I miss waiting for the arrival of a brightly coloured envelope

I know the feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bibliomaniac)
    Alright, I'm up to two penpals. I'd like moar please, if anyone would like one from Canada.

I have great quality paper, cute envelopes, and moose stamps. How can you resist. How.
    Finally an excuse to get the old letter set out Can I be one of your many pen-pals? Pretty please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrx123)
    I know the feeling
    Name:  Ledger-Waiting-for-the-mail.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  183.6 KB
    Name:  carson-waiting-by-the-door2.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  48.0 KB

Ah, the memories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RetroSpectacles)
    Name:  Ledger-Waiting-for-the-mail.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  183.6 KB
    Name:  carson-waiting-by-the-door2.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  48.0 KB

Ah, the memories
    I once had a penpal from Japan, she wrote to me five times...sent me stuff and I sent her stuff...then she stopped...I waited five months, emailed her and got nothing...was gutted I felt like we were really getting along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrx123)
    I once had a penpal from Japan, she wrote to me five times...sent me stuff and I sent her stuff...then she stopped...I waited five months, emailed her and got nothing...was gutted I felt like we were really getting along.
    Ah! Five months? Bless your heart You really do make a connection don't you. I had another pen pal from Louisiana and I lost contact with her too. I sent my letter off and never got a reply. Who knows what happened there...maybe she didn't like what I wrote lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatherineG30)
    If anyone wants an irish gal as a penpal who loves all things old drop me a message in my inbox
    Would be so nice to properly write to someone about anything!
    I am just old(er) if that will do?

This pen-pal thing sounds intriguing. In school I had pen-pals in France and Germany. Of course, it was the only way of communicating back then, the old pen and paper because we didn't have computers (and only 3 channels on the TV, but then C4 came along lol).

If anyone is interested in an (older) person to write too, I like being controversial and am interested in reading, history, in fact anything really. Can message me if you would like

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.