The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RunningInHeels
Letters from the UK to USA? How much does that cost in terms of stamps. Anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I had my penpal a few months ago it was around £1.80 for a large letter :smile: But I used to send little bits and pieces in them so it would weigh a bit more.
Original post by Juichiro
This is an idea derived from the concept of Penpal. Sounds cool! :smile: They call it 'Post-crossing'.
http://www.postcrossing.com/

omg this website is fantastic, thanks for the link!
I hate pen pals. What's the point in writing to people when there's no guarantee you'll see them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Letters from the UK to USA? How much does that cost in terms of stamps. Anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

does anybody know?
Reply 264

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, it costs 90 cents to send from the US to the UK? I'm not sure if you can just convert that to pounds though..?
Reply 265
so much fun
Oooh i'd love a penpal :-) We got given one as part of our Gcse French course but mine never replied and i was genuinely gutted

Don't mind where you live as long as it's not Yorkshire area xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
i would love a penpal, it would be nice to have someone to write to who wants to exchange letters by 'snail mail' i.e. the old school paper and pens way! i am in sixth form & from wiltshire, in the south west of england :biggrin:
Reply 268
If anyone wants a 22 yr old Penpal Drama Student from the UK then feel free to P.M me.

You can be from the U.K if you want :smile:
Original post by jblackmoustache
I hate pen pals. What's the point in writing to people when there's no guarantee you'll see them?

I thought the same thing UNTIL last year.

I've had the same penpal since I turned 16, and when I went to Cambridge (from Canada) last Autumn for an interview, I actually met him in London.

Sometimes favourable circumstances do arise, and then BAM. You meet your penpal IRL.
Original post by KFisch
Well, it costs 90 cents to send from the US to the UK? I'm not sure if you can just convert that to pounds though..?

It really depends on the weight. A normal sized envelope with the contents limited to 2-3 sheets of paper through standard airmail should only cost around £0.87 (single stamp). It'll take around 5-7 days to get there, but it's fairly cheap.

However, anything a little heavier will cost more. I've received small packets that cost my penpal around £4 to send. :s-smilie:

JUST FOUND THIS:

http://www.royalmail.com/delivery/delivery-options-international/airmail/prices
Try interpals.net if you're looking for UK or International penpals. Gives you the option of snail mail/swaps etc. Problem is you can't be sure if people will actually reply, as I learned.
Original post by kittybean
Try interpals.net if you're looking for UK or International penpals. Gives you the option of snail mail/swaps etc. Problem is you can't be sure if people will actually reply, as I learned.

Hence, we have set up a group here. :smile:
Original post by Juichiro
Hence, we have set up a group here. :smile:

I know... I'm in it :smile:
Anybody want to be my penpal?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 275
woooo got my first penpal letter today! :smile:
Still haven't got mine...:sad:
Reply 277
Original post by Rosa Arabelle
Still haven't got mine...:sad:

:ditto:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 278
Omg this is the best thread ever... I used to have two penpals when I was ten/eleven... they both stopped replying to me... I would love for someone to be my penpal! Aw! :biggrin:

PM me if you like! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 279
always wanted to try this out, id love to have a penpal/s, im 21 from london... hopefully someone would wana be my pal haha

Latest