Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    I have too many penpals, it's called Facebook.

Remember when a penpal was a rare unique and enjoyable thing? Now it's just a status update away...
    Time for a TSR Penpal Group?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Can't hurt.

ReputationRep:
    That'd be great. Only problem is most people want an international penpal, but most people here are from the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krikits)
    Love the idea. But maybe it'd be impractical these days.
    Would be great if relived. Handwritten letters show how much you value a person. And I wouldn't mind having one!
    Hello there!

I cant agree more with you - I used to have a french penpal who we did meet once in London. It was great. Her letters are still carefully kept by me and I value so much the handwritten letters and the stamp on it. People nowadays just dont do it no more - pm me if you would like to be my 21th century penpal XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PINKFLEUR)
    I'd absolutely love to have a pen pal. The thrill of cute snail mail and sitting next to the door flap going DAMN IT LETTER, WHY WON'T YOU COME BACK?! And when it finally does, I'm like :zomg:... :adore:
    cant find better description on the thrill of having a penpal than yours - pm me if you would like to be penpal. Though it is rather interesting that we find our penpals on the net instead of the magazines years ago! Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I do! Lets do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from glasgow as well and I love london (I listen to lbc all the time!) My dad lives down there and i'm on the train back to glasgow after spending new year down there. I've a strong glasgow accent haha. Do you not love the busyness and diversity of london? I think it's amazing when you walk down oxford street and there's filipinos, russians, italians walking in every direction. Glasgow has it's own edge and charm but london is a World city with every people mixing and every experience just a flick of your oyster card away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from glasgow as well and I love london (I listen to lbc all the time!) My dad lives down there and i'm on the train back to glasgow after spending new year down there. I've a strong glasgow accent haha. Do you not love the busyness and diversity of london? I think it's amazing when you walk down oxford street and there's filipinos, russians, italians walking in every direction. Glasgow has it's own edge and charm but london is a World city with every people mixing and every experience just a flick of your oyster card away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by JustinHavelock)
        cant find better description on the thrill of having a penpal than yours - pm me if you would like to be penpal. Though it is rather interesting that we find our penpals on the net instead of the magazines years ago! Anyone else?
        I am looking forward to it.
        xx

(Original post by PINKFLEUR)
          London. Wow, Singapore! Is it as beautiful as people say it is? :blushing:
          Meant to quote you but failed miserably repeatedly...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by AhzhaK)
          Meant to quote you but failed miserably repeatedly...

Posted from TSR Mobile
          No worries sweet pea, were the comments earlier meant for me?x

Yeah my phone is going mental none of my comments are quoting or showing up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by AhzhaK)
            Yeah my phone is going mental none of my comments are quoting or showing up

Posted from TSR Mobile
            Well then,I won't be rude and ignore it- time to answer it!

Im glad to hear that you have such an interest in London.
            You do know that Ive got a slightly creepy obsession for accents right? Glasgow accent? Marry me. :hump:
            Ive got to admit that I absolutely love London, although I do think that it's impossible to know every part of it because there are so many streets and blah - only taxi drivers should have such a good knowledge of the streets etc.
            Its so nice that London is welcoming to all ethnic minorities and that people accept others for who they are, I can assure you that there are many people who are willing to have a little conversation with you on your bus or tube journey.
            Id love to visit Glasgow, is it nice there? I haven't got that much knowledge of places in England except London, Kent, and Cambridge which do not really count because the weather seems to be as bad as each other. Do you like travelling?
            Haha the Oyster card. A,few seconds with your eye not on your Oyster card, pick pocket will use it for a luxurious free trip around London. But yes like people say... The world is your oyster - more like London is your oyster.

ReputationRep:
            I will try get the TSR Mods create a TSR Penpal Group so we can organise ourselves a bit more. Does anybody like the idea?

ReputationRep:
            I will try get the TSR Mods create a TSR Penpal Group so we can organise ourselves a bit more. Does anybody like the idea?
            Yeh..i love the idea..lets do it!..:-):-)...

ReputationRep:
            The only bothering thing about mailing letters is that the letters might get lost, blown by a hurricane or drown in the sea. And if the reply reaches on time to the recipient. But who wouldn't be happy receiving handwritten letters. The thought is actually lovely.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by aliakhan)
            Yeh..i love the idea..lets do it!..:-):-)...
            <3 !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by Annie72)
            That's how I met my (now) husband!
            aww can we hear the story?

ReputationRep:
            I'm up for this!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
            Anyone wanna a pen pal from china? Hah. It seems the mail would take a long time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2013
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.