Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This idea sounds awesome! Should totally set up a group

I've always wanted a penpal and getting written letters through the post.. one can only dream though eh:daydreaming:...

But yeah sounds pretty cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GingerGoat)
    Gladly!
    Scottish but living in Singapore :awesome:
    Hence closer to Korea than most!
    I knew someone from South Korea last semester whose name was Min Ji. If you're Scottish, that's quite an amusing name
    her name is quite usual in korea, i dont get it why that name's amusing but yeah could be hihi so if you want a letter inbox me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would love a Penpal! I had a French Penpal in year 8, it was a one-sided conversation, she never replied :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I would love to have one in canada or something. I've had european language exchanged but it's not the same when you can't communicate fluently! I'm nervous about going on one of these penpal websites though because you get some right weirdoes on them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hnyy1030)
    I'd really love to write you letters! Inbox me your address? Or mine to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll just PM you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lumos)
    I would love to have one in canada or something. I've had european language exchanged but it's not the same when you can't communicate fluently! I'm nervous about going on one of these penpal websites though because you get some right weirdoes on them...
    Same! That would be great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VanillaTwilight)
    This idea sounds awesome! Should totally set up a group

I've always wanted a penpal and getting written letters through the post.. one can only dream though eh:daydreaming:...

But yeah sounds pretty cool
    I approve. Its so nice receiving actual had-written letters as opposed to emails .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrx123)
    Any one fancy having a penpal?
    I'd love an online one but wouldn't want them having me house address lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I want a penpal!
    anyone interested in having an aspiring Welsh musician as a penpal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bee3011)
    I really like the idea of that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So Why not PM me your address~hah,let's see how it take the letter to go across the continent

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ideally, I'd love one in France, but hey ho.

I'm currently taking French for A2 (applied for Economics and French at uni), as well as English Lit and Maths.

I love French, films, music (crappy guitarist) and cooking, alongside loads of other random ****.

Feel free to PM... I'm pretty awesome :ahee:.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I had a penpal, but we kinda lost contact... I met her when I was in the Isle Of Wight anyway so I had been to her house, it wasn't as if we were strangers...

Nowadays I suppose it's easier to do things online- I have about 5 foreign people that I email on a regular basis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krikits)
    China would be a 1930 miles away from my country.
    That's really far~hah. Somehow it's really cool the letter goes that far. Pm me your address? Or I give you mine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisyblood)
    I want a penpal!
    anyone interested in having an aspiring Welsh musician as a penpal?
    Hah me!!跪求PM=please PM

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd love one! I actually just joined this site for help on my EE and I find myself distracted here! XP

Anyway! PM me if you're interested! I'm not very excited about giving out my address either, but I think the idea of actually writing gets me so why not? I'm not a fan of facebook and random stuff like that so I think it'd be interesting to just have someone to look forward to write to.

But, on a side note, I'm open to emails! Anyone interested in writing to Paki-American Artist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lance liu)
    So Why not PM me your address~hah,let's see how it take the letter to go across the continent

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just sent you a PM!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    I hate the idea of someone knowing my address. If you accidently write something bad, they could get the Mafia to come to your house and wreck you.
    Just the other day the Icelandic mafia came round and stole my WHOLE box of fox's biscuits

ReputationRep:
    Might be abit weird but my friend is kind of like my pen pal too
    Since I moved away from London to uni I randomly decided to surprise her with a letter from me, just a catch up filled with private jokes song lyrics memories etc. a letter but more creative and from then on we've just carried it on even though we have eachother on Facebook, have eachothers numbers, I have her on whatsapp and I have her email address but it's just a fun way of communicating

The joy of having a hand written letter and the laughs you get out of it are pretty cool :')

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you know that, a TSR Penpal Group is on its way to be created.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2218 The TSR Penpal Group is a reality! Get joining, peeps!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.