The Student Room Group

entry date for courses

I just recieved my letter from ucas confirming my choices.

next to my choices it says an entry date. Is this when you move into halls, or when lectures start, after a few days of moving in?

What's a bit baffling is that 4 of the uni entry dates are a monday, but one is a sunday !?!?!

Also, when do admissions tutors usually get back to work? Will it be the beginning of next week for most or do they get more than 2 weeks off at christmas?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Or could it even be the enrollment date? The sunday one (at Northampton is still confusing me, I can't imagine much happening on a sunday, especially if it's something every student has to do).

Also, what is the usual gap between moving into halls and lectures starting?
Reply 2
Original post by Clare~Bear
Or could it even be the enrollment date? The sunday one (at Northampton is still confusing me, I can't imagine much happening on a sunday, especially if it's something every student has to do).

Also, what is the usual gap between moving into halls and lectures starting?

Just ignore it, UCAS usually gets it wrong.
Reply 3
It's not an anything date. The Sunday one is probably because weeks can be seen to start on a Sunday, and that's the date their week starts - but even so, it could be the date of Fresher's week, or the official first day of term, or just a random date put down.

If you really want to know then unis will state their term dates on their websites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending