Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I am currently in A2 and doing 3 A levels. I feel as if I can get A,s In three of then but for spanish I need an A*. The course is law with Hispanic law. However I'm looking at taking a gap year abroad to go on a Spanish course and hopefully resist spanish next year in June and get an A*. So my question is do I have a chance to get an offer from ucl with an A,A,A and a prediction of an A* in one of the A's (which is spanish) even if I resist it in June next year?

P.s my gcse's were A*,A,A,B,B,B,B,C (quite low :/)

Thank you
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    What course? Spanish? I think modern languages courses are around AAB so if you can get AAA + A* prediction then you could get in.

ReputationRep:
    Really does depend on the course.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry forgot to mention, Spanish with Hispanic law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqa)
    Oh sorry forgot to mention, Spanish with Hispanic law
    I think you have a very decent chance, I got an offer for Chem eng from UCL and my GCSE's where pretty average, Spanish and Hispanic Law is not the most competitive of courses if I remember correctly so its not like you'll be pushed out due to competition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaffa1)
    regardless of whether you'd get in, i dont know if you would be able to cope with the rigour/workload of the degree if you cant get atleast straight As in your GCSEs...
    Please, you and I both know that GCSE's are not a measure of how well you'll perform by any margin.

I got 2A's and 4B's at GCSE followed by 4A's and and an A* (in EPQ) at AS level, and incase your wondering I did Maths, Phys, Chem and Econ not 'doss' subjects.

Once again - GCSE's don't mean much in the real world, infact even A levels lose their credibility after uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaffa1)
    regardless of whether you'd get in, i dont know if you would be able to cope with the rigour/workload of the degree if you cant get atleast straight As in your GCSEs...
    I'm adaptable back then I did not really revise but for a levels I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeriouslySmart)
    I think you have a very decent chance, I got an offer for Chem eng from UCL and my GCSE's where pretty average, Spanish and Hispanic Law is not the most competitive of courses if I remember correctly so its not like you'll be pushed out due to competition.
    Law with Hispanic law I heard is quite competitive and they want A*,A,A

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.